PACKING/WORST PART OF CRUISE

Old February 28th, 2005, 03:15 PM
greatviz

blackbird wrote:
what you do not come home with all clean clothes.... I did.... RSSC
has great Maytag Neptunes and I hate San Juan soooooooooo...

If I'm gonna see Neptune, that won't be the one I'm looking for

Old February 28th, 2005, 03:15 PM
greatviz

blackbird wrote:

Grrrrrr Must read before sending usenet messages

Now, that would be swimming against the current

Old February 28th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Surfer E2468

Yes we do have his & her suitcases,but he always butts in when i am
packine,and rearranges my things,after 57 years i gave up,getting too
old to argue anymore

Old March 1st, 2005, 04:59 AM
Reef Fish

Brian K wrote:
On 02/27/2005 8:58 PM blackbird wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:12:09 -0500, (0 O) wrote:

I hate to pack ! WE are packing for Vollendam Caribbean 10 day

I took that cruise last Fall. It took me almost an hour to pack
everything I needed, including all scuba gears. :-)

What do laundry on a cruise?!?!

Because it's there and your clothes tend to be smelly in the tropics
even if you don't wear any more than half a day?

Next you'll be telling me you tip
housekeeping to let you vacuum your stateroom.

Haven't YOU? I just let the cruise take out the automatic $10 per
day pp to split among the cruise ship employees who should have been
paid more in the first place.

You're on vacation.
Leave housework at home where it belongs and will be waiting soon
enough. I know some folks need that security of doing their laundry

What is the cruiseship does it for FREE (all laundry and dry cleaning)?

What's wrong with San Juan?

Plenty! G

Don't they have any decent laundromats? :-)

Didn't you say, "You're on vacation. Leave housework at home ..."?

That having said, packing for cruise is a chore for me ONLY if the
luggage-space and weight are severely limited on FLIGHTS going to
the cruise ship!

Volundam from FFL, I could pack in less than an hour, because I don't
have to worry about exceeding 3 pieces of 70 lb each on Continental
flights. On the other hand, when I have to limit my luggage to 1 piece
of 45 lbs, and carry-on of 11 lbs (as are on some airlines), then it
becomes a problem of how to bend the Laws of Physics to pack one-week's
clothing to weigh a total of less than 5 lbs. :-)

Been there. Done that.

-- Bob.

Old March 1st, 2005, 03:17 PM
Marsha L

But one really good travel hint for couples is to NOT have "his and her"
suitcases! By having "our" bags you have something to fall back on if one
goes astray! Imagine "his" turning up, and her's not!

"Brian K" wrote in message
ink.net...

What? You don't have his and her suitcases? You pack yours and let him
pack his. Remember what I said in my previous post. Buy him perm press
or things that look good wrinkled - like seersucker or cotton-linen blend
in natural or white. I know people who press these, but they're supposed
to be wrinkled. On the other hand cotton silk blends never wrinkle.
They'll never crease but they don't wrinkle.

Old March 1st, 2005, 08:36 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Marsha L wrote:

But one really good travel hint for couples is to NOT have "his and her"
suitcases! By having "our" bags you have something to fall back on if one
goes astray! Imagine "his" turning up, and her's not!

Another good hint for anyone is to put some extra undies in a carry on
bag. Kevin was on a trip for his company last week and his luggage was
lost going and again coming home.

sue
Old March 1st, 2005, 08:45 PM
Surfer E2468

We have his & her bags,but we take a carry on with a couple changes for
each of us,just in case

Old March 2nd, 2005, 02:21 AM
Marsha L

Obviously "I" haven't had the luxury of being able to share bags... and
always carry "essential" in a carry on.

"Karen Segboer" wrote in message

Anything you absolutely cannot live without should be packed in a
carry-on. This includes a change of clothes if, heaven forbid, your
luggage goes astray along the way, plus medicines and other
must-haves.

Karen

Old March 2nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Fred

"Marsha L" wrote in message
Obviously "I" haven't had the luxury of being able to share bags... and
always carry "essential" in a carry on.

Then "You" are missing out.