Princess "Movies Under the Stars"

Old May 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
RichC

Default Princess "Movies Under the Stars"

How good or bad is the outdoor movie screen on the Princess ships? Do they
run movies during the day or just in the evenings after dark?

Old May 25th, 2005, 02:00 PM
jcoulter

"RichC" wrote in
:

How good or bad is the outdoor movie screen on the Princess ships? Do
they run movies during the day or just in the evenings after dark?

Fantastic screens, one csn watch in full midday sun. It is a signature
note, not one I would cruise for but a stunning bit oftechnology

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old May 25th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Does any TA know whether one of those outdoor movie screens will be
installed on the Star Princess by Dec. 28, when it sails for its 11-day
cruise to the Southern Caribbean?

John

Old May 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM

Does any TA know whether an outdoor movie screen will be intalled on
the Star Princess prior to its Dec. 28 sailing to the Southern
Caribbean?

John

Old May 25th, 2005, 03:15 PM
George Leppla

"RichC" wrote

How good or bad is the outdoor movie screen on the Princess ships? Do
they
run movies during the day or just in the evenings after dark?

Excellent picture quality even in bright sunlight.

During the day they were showing a variety of movies (not recent) like
Grease and Shrek. At night, they show more recent movies... the one I
watched in March was "I, Robot". The sound system is very good... loud,
theater-type sound at night during the features and lower volume during the
day so you can watch the movie if you wish but the sound isn't intrusive for
those who don't. I don't recall that it was on at all in the morning but I
could be wrong.

I think this is a great feature on a ship. I know... I didn't think it was
a very good idea when I first heard about it but after seeing it myself, I
have changed my mind. It is just another form of entertainment added to the
mix and I like it.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/
May 2006, Caribbean Princess - http://cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 2006 - SLEAZY 4!

Old May 25th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Tom K

"jcoulter" wrote in message
.. .
"RichC" wrote in
:

How good or bad is the outdoor movie screen on the Princess ships? Do
they run movies during the day or just in the evenings after dark?

Fantastic screens, one csn watch in full midday sun. It is a signature
note, not one I would cruise for but a stunning bit oftechnology

You haven't been to a ball game in a few decades, have you?

Teams have been using these things (like Diamond Vision, etc.) at ball parks
for years.

http://www.amasis.com/diamondvision/.../dodger-3.html
http://www.diamond-vision.com/about/
http://www.amasis.com/diamondvision/byu/byu-7.html

--Tom

Old May 25th, 2005, 11:46 PM
jcoulter

"Tom K" wrote in
:

Fantastic screens, one csn watch in full midday sun. It is a
signature note, not one I would cruise for but a stunning bit
oftechnology

You haven't been to a ball game in a few decades, have you?

Guilty as charged. ;-)

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old May 26th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Surfer E2468

If we want to see a movie,we will stay home and go to our local
theatre.a lot more comfortable than the lounges you have on deck,The
seats in our movie houses actually are rockers,boy are they nice.