Fort Lauderdale hotels

Old January 26th, 2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Fort Lauderdale hotels

In article , noguru
wrote:

Here's what $270 plus tax (plus $7 to park) bought at Embassy Suites:

I have stayed there three times. Never paid more than $75 a night
through Priceline. Never had any problems there but I neve would have
considered paying $270. I definitly is not worth $270!!!

Restaurant: No maitre de or waiter at 9:00 - we walked around until
we found someone to seat us. Food was abominable (we ordered ribeye
steaks, which were 1/2" thin and tough). The order was wrong TWICE,
and we finally gave up and accepted it. The restaurant bill was $60 -
we drank water.

Never even considered the restaurant there as there are a bunch of fine
reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance.

--
Charles
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article DvOBf.47234$Ez3.12406@trnddc03, Bill C
wrote:

I have stayed at Amerisuites also with no problems but lately I have
been reading a lot of negative reviews of the hotel. I think that they
changed hands recently and the new ownership is not up to snuff yet. I
think Hilton owns them now but don't hold me to that.

Hyatt has bought Amerisuites and will be converting them to "Hyatt
Place".

--
Charles
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

noguru wrote:

Here's what $270 plus tax (plus $7 to park) bought at Embassy Suites:

Price is not an issue with us, we are getting the night free with
points. I would not pay $270/night when all I need is a place to sleep
for one night.

The hospitality hour served the worst wine we've had in an Embassy
Suites, and it was with potato chips and popcorn - not hors d'ouvres.

I don't expect high end wine or liquor when they give it to you free.

Restaurant:
No maitre de or waiter at 9:00 - we walked around until we found someone
to seat us. Food was abominable (we ordered ribeye steaks, which were
1/2" thin and tough). The order was wrong TWICE, and we finally gave up
and accepted it. The restaurant bill was $60 - we drank water.

I can't see eating in the hotel, unless you know it is very good, when
there are many other nearby options.

sue
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Price is not an issue with us, we are getting the night free with
points. I would not pay $270/night when all I need is a place to sleep
for one night.

If I was doing a night on points I would pick the Renaissance or Mariot
Mariana.

--
Charles

Old January 26th, 2006, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

Price is not an issue with us, we are getting the night free with
points. I would not pay $270/night when all I need is a place to sleep
for one night.

If I was doing a night on points I would pick the Renaissance or Mariot
Mariana.

Kevin doesn't have alot of points, so we are using his Mariot points
to stay at the Renaissance one night precruise and his Hilton points
to stay at the Embassy suites one night post cruise. We did try for
the Mariot Marina instead of the Renaissance, but at the time we were
booking they didn't have any availablility, at least for those using
points.

sue
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

Kevin doesn't have alot of points, so we are using his Mariot points
to stay at the Renaissance one night precruise and his Hilton points
to stay at the Embassy suites one night post cruise. We did try for
the Mariot Marina instead of the Renaissance, but at the time we were
booking they didn't have any availablility, at least for those using
points.

Sounds good to me. I think you will like the Renaissance. I would stay
at any of the three, Renaissance, Mariot or Embassy Suites for points
or Priceline.

--
Charles
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

Kevin doesn't have alot of points, so we are using his Mariot points
to stay at the Renaissance one night precruise and his Hilton points
to stay at the Embassy suites one night post cruise. We did try for
the Mariot Marina instead of the Renaissance, but at the time we were
booking they didn't have any availablility, at least for those using
points.

Sounds good to me. I think you will like the Renaissance. I would stay
at any of the three, Renaissance, Mariot or Embassy Suites for points
or Priceline.

Thanks Charles, it sounds good to me also. The price of hotels was
very high, so free hotels is very good. Also by staying over untill
monday, we are saving about $300 on airfare and getting a much nicer
flight. Win, win all around.

sue
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 1/24/06 6:48 PM Julie "tweaked" on too much Starbucks and said:
Has anyone ever stayed at the Best Western Marina Inn a Yacht Harbor In Fort
Lauderdale?We'd like to hear your pros and cons about it. Also, the Ramada
Plaza Beach Resort. Any comments? We will be flying in a day or two early
and are looking for a nice place to stay. Thanks, Julie

We favor the Sheraton Yankee Trader before and after cruise. It is a
little pricey but I have to say for an older hotel, it is top notch.
They have everything there for short or longer term, plus
airport/seaport shuttles for which you don't have to wait longer than 15
minutes. A few blocks north or south will take you to really great
restaurants not to mention Shula's On The Beach right in the hotel.
There is an elevated walkway from the pool over A1A to the beach. We
had a room on the Penthouse floor in Tower II. The view was fantastic
and the room was quiet, and well appointed.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We are staying two nights precruise at the Marriott Marina, which is
where we always stay prior to cruising. Glad we booked early, as we
are getting our two nights free using our points. The dates are Feb.
3 and Feb. 4, and hotel rates in Ft. Lauderdale are astronomical this
winter. I'm so sorry to see the Marriott Marina going by the
wayside...I have a feeling the new buyers will be knocking it down for
condos. Glad we're getting one last chance to stay there.

Jo-Ann--------will miss my favorite hotel