critics and elderly whiners for cruise ships

Old August 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bocephus

Default critics and elderly whiners for cruise ships

"drunkard" wrote in message
ups.com...

drunkard wrote:
Why when I read reviews for cruises, it's always people complaining
about how there are a bunch of drunk people on the cruises? Especially
Carnival? I can't believe how many people are so lame and don't have a
good time. For those of you old complainers 40 and older why don't you
just hurry and die? Stay home! Your old and ugly now anyways. I've
never read so many people whine. Who cares if there are drunk party
people? You old people are in are way everyday. Driving slow, walking
slow, thinking slow.......Move out of the way for us drunkards for once

By the way.......I'm 28 not 18 years old. Figure I would clarify that
before someone asked my age.

The cruise lines need to adopt a policy concerning drunks on board ships. If
a passenger is reported missing and 4 or more passengers swear the person
was drunk, when last seen on deck, then the ship should proceed on course,
and forget about the drunk, who is missing. Don't make the other passengers
experience an inconvenience, due to a drunk, who fell overboard.

Old January 11th, 2007, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dremac373[_4_]

This had to be the one of the funniest post I have read in all my forums
that I am a member of!!! I am sure that Drunkard just needed to get some
things off his chest lol but he is partially right, I have done quite a
bit of travleing in my 33 years and I do a great dela of research
before I leave, and forume after forum I do read allot of readers that
you can just never satisfy, ie. bed too hard/too soft, too many
instects!! not enough ice cubes, people walking around drinking all day
all night etc...etc...etc how can people complainor try to regulate on
how other people try to enjoy the vacation??? These people worke just
as hard maybe even harder to save and plan fir the trip and proly the
only REAL vacation they every really had...as long as these drunk
people are not harrasing my family or cause a unsafe environment then
who am I to complain about them ejoying themselves!!?? After the the
cruise ship has plenty of activities in place that pretty much promote
people young and old to have a good time sober or drunk
I have to admit though Drunkard that I have found myself on the
dispursing end of a verbal assult to the elderly person in the passing
lane doing 55 with thier chin on the steering wheel LOL
Oh and I am not a drinking this is in no way "I support drunks" reply
lol and I know that I have some misspelled words I just choose not to
download that dag on ieSpell to my work computer LOL

--
Dremac373
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus

I have a deep suspicion that SOME of the "complaints" come from folks
after a cruise who have some deep seated hope that by complaining long
and loudly, they will get something free from the cruise line.

Nonny

Dremac373 wrote:
[...]

In the periodic table, as in politics,
the unstable elements tend to hang out on
the far left, with some to the right as well.
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Nonnymus" wrote

I have a deep suspicion that SOME of the "complaints" come from folks after
a cruise who have some deep seated hope that by complaining long and
loudly, they will get something free from the cruise line.

You are exactly right. There are a few people who write complaint letters
after EVERY cruise in hopes of getting a discount on future cruises. For
the most part, the cruise lines will play along, offering a very small
discount or an apology letter with the promise of a bottle of wine or
"welcome aboard" gift on the next cruise.

Please note that I am not talking about how they cruise lines respond to
legitimate complaints but to people who send a complaint letter after every
cruise.

FWIW.... if you do send a letter of complaint, here are some hints on how to
be effective:

1) Make it short. If you write a 10 page letter, most of it won't be read.
Condense it down to one page.

2) Name names. Tell the cruise line who you spoke to on the ship about the
problem.

3) Ask for reasonable compensation. No, you are not going to get a free
cruise because the weather was bad.

If you have a complaint about something happening on your cruise, the best
time to complain is WHILE YOU ARE STILL ON THE SHIP... and they have a
chance to make a correction. If you complain and no one helps you, get
names and then write your letter.

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

April 29, 2007 GGC2007 http://cruisemaster.com/pride.htm
October 14, 2007 MOAGC 3 - http://www.moagc-3.com
January 20, 2008 - Adventure - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm

Old January 12th, 2007, 04:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

In article , Nonnymus says...

I have a deep suspicion that SOME of the "complaints" come from folks
after a cruise who have some deep seated hope that by complaining long
and loudly, they will get something free from the cruise line.

Nonny

That statement would apply I think to those who are very vocal following the
Cruise. There is another category of complainers that gets my goat. These are
the people who have a negative comment on every item every day of the Cruise. No
matter what it is, it was done better somewhere else.

Example: During a Cruise on the first Star Princess when she was about 2 months
old one of these types was complaining long and loud about all the creaking and
rattling noises the ship made and how she simply could not rest. Then she
explained that older ships like those of Regency Cruises were very comfortable
and quiet because they were made of wood. Which doesn't squeak.

Never try to be rational with this type cause it is a waste of time and breath.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

Old January 14th, 2007, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

news

Dremac373 wrote:
[...]

Your best bet for handling troubles on a cruise would be to print up some
business cards identifying yourself as an attorney, specializing in admirity
laws. Have it list your true name and address along with your telephone
number. Then, if you have to complain, whip one of your cards on the cruise
offical and sound off about what is wrong.
The idea that you are a lawyer will grease the wheels for a very good comp
for your troubles. The cruise line will hate the idea that you might file a
lawsuit upon your return home. Nothing scares a person more than the idea
that they are dealing with a lawyer, who knows all the angles.
As far as I know, there is no law against impersonating a lawyer.

JP....RTC cruise expert

Old January 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus

JP wrote:

Your best bet for handling troubles on a cruise would be to print up some
business cards identifying yourself as an attorney, specializing in admirity
laws. Have it list your true name and address along with your telephone
number. Then, if you have to complain, whip one of your cards on the cruise
offical and sound off about what is wrong.
The idea that you are a lawyer will grease the wheels for a very good comp
for your troubles. The cruise line will hate the idea that you might file a
lawsuit upon your return home. Nothing scares a person more than the idea
that they are dealing with a lawyer, who knows all the angles.
As far as I know, there is no law against impersonating a lawyer.

Tried that several times, John. I got put off the ship in Barbados, St.
Maartin, Cozumel and Key West for doing it and each time it cost me a
bundle to get back home. kidding, of course

Ermalee will remember something that we DID do once in New Orleans when
we did a Sleazy with the McCauleys and the fabulous Peter and Mary
Bugda. Peter, Mary, Mrs. Nonny and I all used photos of ourselves and
made up "Food Inspector" tags. In bold letters were the initials NOLA,
and I found a picture of some city's official seal on the Internet. I
laminated the four cards- Mrs Nonny's included her in an old Nurse's
uniform, and we hung them from our necks with lanyards. The cards sure
looked "official," and you cannot believe the good food and service we
got while killing a couple days in New Orleans.

--
-Nonnymus- Please stop Californicating Nevada

Old January 17th, 2007, 05:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Dremac373 :

lol and I know that I have some misspelled words I just choose not to
download that dag on ieSpell to my work computer LOL

I don't depend on a spell checker, I just use my brain and what I
learned from 16 years of English. It really doesn't take much of an
effort, assuming you're not too lazy.
--
dillon

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I've never
seen a .sig beat a Sig.
Old January 17th, 2007, 05:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "George Leppla" :

"Nonnymus" wrote

[...]

On the opposite side of the coin, if someone did an outstanding job,
if you really enjoyed your cruise, if it was more than the vacation
you expected, write a compliment letter. Name names and give
specifics. The crew members you compliment will be rewarded. Although
you will have, by that time, rewarded them yourself.

Old January 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

I knew I liked you Dillon. G VERY good advice from George on registering a
complaint and even BETTER advice from Dillon on giving compliments! Nothing
except cash is more appreciated and even then, sometimes it is a toss-up.
The "Comment Cards" are important not just for telling what, if anything,
was wrong, but also what was right and who made it that way. You would be
surprised at how much weight is given to these cards by not only the crew
and supervisors, but also the cruise lines all the way to the top!
Jim

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
Thus spake "George Leppla" :

"Nonnymus" wrote