hilton boycott

Old June 7th, 2007, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air
waldo

Default hilton boycott

Our board of directors voted this morning to book all business travel
for the company outside of Hilton branded establishments due to the
perception it did not reflect our social & ethical values. This
applies to all levels of staff & will affect some 5000+ person nights
of accomedation for the rest of this year. The vote was unanimous.

Old June 7th, 2007, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

waldo writes:

Our board of directors voted this morning to book all business travel
for the company outside of Hilton branded establishments due to the
perception it did not reflect our social & ethical values. This
applies to all levels of staff & will affect some 5000+ person nights
of accomedation for the rest of this year. The vote was unanimous.

Paris Hilton will still be just as rich, and just as far above the law.
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Before Paris went in, one cable network did an interview with someone
who had spent time in that jail. She had mentioned that the place was
infested with some kind of bug that could cause a rash.
My guess is her lawyer said let her out or we sue .
It was probably easier to let her out than fix the problem.

Old June 7th, 2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_1_]

What company or organization did the boycotting so I can
boycott that company? You give no examples of what your
social or ethical values happen to be but I have always
found the Hilton brand properties (from Hilton to Hampton
Inn) to be more than accommodating to my company's needs.

Old June 8th, 2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Nobody

waldo wrote:
Our board of directors voted this morning to book all business travel
for the company outside of Hilton branded establishments due to the
perception it did not reflect our social & ethical values.

I wonder how the Hilton in the city of Paris is doing. Have its bookings
gone down or up ?

I guess some people might get a kick at staying at Paris Hilton's place :-)
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_1_]

Originally drunk driving but she's actually doing the time
now for violation of probation from the original charge.

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per :
Before Paris went in

I'm probably the only one in the world that doesn't
know... but
what did they bust her for?
--
PeteCresswell

Old June 8th, 2007, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Nobody writes:

I wonder how the Hilton in the city of Paris is doing. Have its bookings
gone down or up ?

I don't think the Paris Hilton is affected. The person is mostly a U.S.
celebrity, and she is not well known elsewhere.
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On Jun 7, 10:36 pm, waldo wrote:
Our board of directors voted this morning to book all business travel
for the company outside of Hilton branded establishments due to the
perception it did not reflect our social & ethical values. This
applies to all levels of staff & will affect some 5000+ person nights
of accomedation for the rest of this year. The vote was unanimous.

Your "board of directors" votes on Hotel policy? How many people in
your company? 3? Boards have far more important things to deal with.