O'Hare airport?

Old September 15th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Rojosh

Default O'Hare airport?

My next Europe flight has me leaving from Chicago's O'Hare for London. I fly
up there to make this connection. I hear that this airport is the busiest in
the nation and thankfully, I have a several hour lay over. I've visited
their site but was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect??? Are
there adequate seating for people waiting? What good bars, eateries are in
the American Airlines International area? Any entertainment up there?

Yankee Bob
Flush Bush in 2004

Old September 15th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Dick Locke

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:24:21 GMT, "Rojosh" wrote:

What good bars, eateries are in
the American Airlines International area? Any entertainment up there?

AA (and UA and LH and probably a few others') international flights
from ORD leave from the domestic terminal. Seating? Inadequate.
Entertainment? Lacking. Meals? Various forms of fried food. There is a
Wolfgang Puck's in the UA terminal that is marginally better.

Sorry to rain on your parade but if you are a lounge member (or are
flying Biz class or FC) run for the lounge.
Old September 15th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:24:21 GMT "Rojosh" wrote:

:My next Europe flight has me leaving from Chicago's O'Hare for London. I fly
:up there to make this connection. I hear that this airport is the busiest in
:the nation and thankfully, I have a several hour lay over. I've visited
:their site but was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect??? Are
:there adequate seating for people waiting? What good bars, eateries are in
:the American Airlines International area? Any entertainment up there?

Like at most (all?) US airports, international flights by US airlines leave
from domestic terminals. There is no "American Airlines International area".

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com
Old September 15th, 2003, 10:09 PM
ThrashATL

"Rojosh" wrote in message
My next Europe flight has me leaving from Chicago's O'Hare for London. I fly
up there to make this connection. I hear that this airport is the busiest in
the nation and thankfully, I have a several hour lay over. I've visited
their site but was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect??? Are
there adequate seating for people waiting? What good bars, eateries are in
the American Airlines International area? Any entertainment up there?

O'Hare is 2nd to Atlanta for world's busiest title.

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:02 AM
Matthew Mayer

ThrashATL wrote:
"Rojosh" wrote in message

My next Europe flight has me leaving from Chicago's O'Hare for London. I fly
up there to make this connection. I hear that this airport is the busiest in
the nation and thankfully, I have a several hour lay over. I've visited
their site but was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect??? Are
there adequate seating for people waiting? What good bars, eateries are in
the American Airlines International area? Any entertainment up there?

O'Hare is 2nd to Atlanta for world's busiest title.

The spin-meisters at O'Hare would beg to differ... maybe they voted
twice.. :-)

http://www.ohare.com/doa/avi_news/busiest.shtm

---Matt
Chicago, IL

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Matthew Mayer

Rojosh wrote:
My next Europe flight has me leaving from Chicago's O'Hare for
London. I fly up there to make this connection. I hear that this
airport is the busiest in the nation and thankfully, I have a several
hour lay over. I've visited their site but was wondering if anyone
could tell me what to expect??? Are there adequate seating for people
waiting? What good bars, eateries are in the American Airlines
International area? Any entertainment up there?

Yankee Bob Flush Bush in 2004

As noted, Terminal 3 isn't geat but it isn't the dump that T2 is. A new
food court opened last spring at the "Y" between the concourses.
Standard stuff, McDonalds, Dunkin Doughnuts, CinnaBon. Right inside the
security perimiter is a Chili's Express, if I happen to get through
security quickly and have time, I'll sit there, have a beer and read the
paper.

Seating gate to gate should be fine unless there are major storm-induced
flight delays. If you have time to kill, just find a mostly empty gate
area and sit there.

The people-watching is always the best entertainment. Don't know where
you are flying in from, but hopefully it's not from a Regional Jet
served city. Most all of those come into G concourse and its a LONG
walk to anything else.

HTH,

Matt
Chicago, IL
(Yes, ORD is my home airport... at least I don't have to connect there!)

Old September 16th, 2003, 04:35 AM
mrtravel

Matthew Mayer wrote:

O'Hare is 2nd to Atlanta for world's busiest title.

The spin-meisters at O'Hare would beg to differ... maybe they voted
twice.. :-)

http://www.ohare.com/doa/avi_news/busiest.shtm

It depends on by "busiest" if you mean the most flights or the most
passengers.

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:00 PM
ThrashATL

"mrtravel" wrote in message
y.com...
Matthew Mayer wrote:

O'Hare is 2nd to Atlanta for world's busiest title.

The spin-meisters at O'Hare would beg to differ... maybe they voted
twice.. :-)

http://www.ohare.com/doa/avi_news/busiest.shtm

It depends on by "busiest" if you mean the most flights or the most
passengers.

Of course passengers...

Old September 16th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Scott Brim

In article , Dick Locke wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:24:21 GMT, "Rojosh" wrote:

What good bars, eateries are in
the American Airlines International area? Any entertainment up there?

AA (and UA and LH and probably a few others') international flights
from ORD leave from the domestic terminal. Seating? Inadequate.
Entertainment? Lacking. Meals? Various forms of fried food. There is a
Wolfgang Puck's in the UA terminal that is marginally better.

Also a decided lack of working and available power outlets.

Old September 16th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Rojosh

I'll be flying in from Cincinnati. The flight is on an Embraer 140 (ERD
whatever that means,) upon return, I will be flying on an Embraer 145 (ER4
whatever that means, again.) Does anyone know about these aircrafts? Which
seats should I avoid?

Yankee Bob
Flush Bush in 2004