French antidoping laboratory computer system « visited » by Floyd LANDIS friend hacker. Was : "What If Floyd Landis Were Innocent?"

Old November 15th, 2006, 11:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
didier Meurgues

Default French antidoping laboratory computer system « visited » by Floyd LANDIS friend hacker. Was : "What If Floyd Landis Were Innocent?"

After the rejection of Floyd LANDIS demand by the american antidoping
agency last month, FALSE... mails of the LNDD french antidoping
laboratory with falsified datas were sent to international agencies and
medias "thanks" to the violation of its Landis and Armstrong computer
files (and new test researches results ??) by... a computer hacker
which has been identified by the police as a... LANDIS friend !!!
GULP ! :

http://www.lequipe.fr/Aussi/20061114_101515Dev.html

http://sports.lefigaro.fr/article_cy...__1 2140.html

didier Meurgues

Old November 16th, 2006, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
yeosmyth

http://www.lequipe.fr/Aussi/20061114_101515Dev.html

http://sports.lefigaro.fr/article_cy...__1 2140.html

didier Meurgues

en anglais?
ss

Old November 16th, 2006, 09:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Earl Evleth[_1_]

Default French antidoping laboratory computer system

On 16/11/06 4:13, in article
, "yeosmyth"

http://www.lequipe.fr/Aussi/20061114_101515Dev.html

http://sports.lefigaro.fr/article_cy...r_landis__1 2
140.html

didier Meurgues

en anglais?
ss

Lots but here is the IHT article this morning, first the administrative
error talked about was

"Le Monde quoted unidentified sources as having said that the laboratory
wrote that the B sample tested was number 994,474, while the actual number
was 995,474."

The only problem there is whether there is a sample number 994,474 at all.

As for the other side of the story, the hacker and any associates who
prepared the phoney e-mail which sent up red flags immediately.

"The newspaper said that the messages were written in poor French and that
they lacked the signature of the laboratory's director, Jacques de Ceaurriz.
Also, the messages wrongly spelled Châtenay-Malabry.

Finally, being hacked at all speaks generally to the security of the
lab. For an American defense lawyer this presents all sorts of opportunity
to challenge the reliability of the lab's report. We saw it before in
the case of OJ, he as obviously guilty but the job of confusing the jurors
was made easy by goofups.

Cycling: Landis camp denies it hacked computers at French laboratory

Samuel Abt

International Herald Tribune

The Floyd Landis camp denied Wednesday that it was involved in computer
hacking to discredit the French laboratory that ruled the rider had failed a
doping test while he was finishing first in the Tour de France.

"We don't know who would perpetrate this," said Michael Henson, a spokesman
for Landis. "We certainly don't know what the source of this incident is.

"We're following the news, but we haven't been contacted by any
authorities," Henson continued. "We're not challenging the report, but we
need to see details of the investigation."

Landis was traveling and unavailable for comment, Henson said by phone from
the United States.

Henson also cited a report by the French newspaper Le Monde on Wednesday
that the laboratory at Châtenay- Malabry had made what the paper described
as an "administrative error" when it reported its findings on Landis's
backup B urine sample. Le Monde quoted unidentified sources as having said
that the laboratory wrote that the B sample tested was number 994,474, while
the actual number was 995,474.

"The error, of an administrative nature, does not mean the positive B sample
was not that of the American," Le Monde said. "But it is being used today by
his lawyers to contest his positive doping results."

Henson confirmed that, saying, "It's not news to us. This is the error we
pointed to weeks ago, the misidentified sample. It supports the defense we
laid out.

"This points to a sloppiness in the lab work," he continued. "It's part and
parcel of the mistakes made."

In the hacking case, the French police began investigating after the
computer system of the main French anti-doping laboratory at
Châtenay-Malabry outside Paris was entered and bogus e-mail messages
reflecting on the laboratory's reliability were sent, the public prosecutor
said Tuesday.

"Some e-mails have been sent as if they were from the laboratory to other
laboratories" specializing in doping, the head of the country's anti-doping
agency, Pierre Bordry, told Radio France Info.

Other recipients included the International Cycling Union, the International
Olympic Committee and the World Anti-Doping Agency. The bogus e-mail
messages contained excerpts of internal documents concerning rectifications
made during previous doping tests, but, according to the sports newspaper
l'Équipe, these had been taken out of context.

The newspaper said that the messages were written in poor French and that
they lacked the signature of the laboratory's director, Jacques de Ceaurriz.
Also, the messages wrongly spelled Châtenay-Malabry.

According to l'Équipe, investigators have identified a person with close
ties to Landis as the author of the e-mail messages. The suspect was not
identified.

"This doesn't help the process to bring the truth to light," Henson said.
Landis tested positive for an illegally high testosterone level following
his comeback victory during a late stage of this year's Tour de France. That
test was carried out at Châtenay-Malabry.

If he loses his appeal, he will be stripped of his overall victory and could
be banned for two years. The appeal will be heard in January in the United
States.

On Sunday, Landis appeared on French television in an effort to present his
side of the case and raise questions about the French laboratory's
reliability.

"I did not take testosterone," Landis, a 31-year-old American, told the
station France 2 from his home in California.

Discussing the laboratory, he said, "Even the best people make mistakes. I
can't say that the lab has always been the best lab, but I can say that in
this case, they made some mistakes."

Old November 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
didier Meurgues

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,...-834397,0.html

Nevertheless, IF it happens that the serie were is kept the tube is
really in the 995.000s one as well as the number written on the tube
tested in presence of Landis layer, so before his very eyes, a dactylo
mistake is considered by french courts as an "erreur purement
materielle" and as such never taken in count by them.

serach the expression in
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad...xperteJade.jsp
didier Meurgues

Earl Evleth a écrit :

On 16/11/06 4:13, in article
, "yeosmyth"

Old November 16th, 2006, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
didier Meurgues

I meant laWyer : another "erreur purement matérielle" :+)

didier Meurgues a écrit :

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,...-834397,0.html

Nevertheless, IF it happens that the serie were is kept the tube is
really in the 995.000s one as well as the number written on the tube
tested in presence of Landis layer, so before his very eyes, a dactylo
mistake is considered by french courts as an "erreur purement
materielle" and as such never taken in count by them.

serach the expression in
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad...xperteJade.jsp
didier Meurgues

Earl Evleth a écrit :

On 16/11/06 4:13, in article
, "yeosmyth"

Old November 16th, 2006, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
didier Meurgues

Default French antidoping laboratory computer

Martin a écrit :

On 16 Nov 2006 02:59:49 -0800, "didier Meurgues" wrote:

I meant laWyer : another "erreur purement mat=E9rielle" :+)

didier Meurgues a =E9crit :

Stop taking the E9!
--

Martin

The accents always appear on my Google pages. I'll try to skip them...
but it's difficult to write any original language with such faults it
"looks" strange.

Old November 16th, 2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
didier Meurgues

Thanks !

PS : since I would have been uncapable to answer to your 15:32
questions... I'm totally incompetent in computers and... consequently
not the mysterious hacker :+)

Martin a écrit :

On 16 Nov 2006 06:22:27 -0800, "didier Meurgues" wrote:

Martin a écrit :

On 16 Nov 2006 02:59:49 -0800, "didier Meurgues" wrote:

I meant laWyer : another "erreur purement mat=E9rielle" :+)

didier Meurgues a =E9crit :

Stop taking the E9!
--

Martin

The accents always appear on my Google pages. I'll try to skip them...
but it's difficult to write any original language with such faults it
"looks" strange.

My copy of Agent needed to be set up correctly to do "Mime quoted printable".
DON'T change the way you post!
--

Martin