hotels near marco polo airport, venice

Old January 25th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Suz

Default hotels near marco polo airport, venice

I'm having trouble finding hotels near Marco Polo airport. Can anybody
recommend one?
We get in late and need somewhere to crash before heading northeast the
following day.
Is there an area I can search on?

TIA
Suzanne

Old January 25th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Suz

"tile" wrote in message
. ..
pls try with

www.hotels.com

personal experience of the area/hotels please.

Old January 25th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Douglas W. Hoyt

I'm having trouble finding hotels near Marco Polo airport. Can
anybody recommend one?

If you don't mind travelling 20 minutes by bus into Venice, then Locanda
Gaffaro is only a 10 minute walk from Piazzale Roma. The last express bus
leaves the airport at 2330, and the first bus back goes at 5am. (Here's
the schedule from ATVO:
http://www.atvo.it/airport.php?ld=orari_vat.ihtm&id=0 ).

I booked the Gaffaro precisely because I had an early morning flight from
VCE, and it is a delightful 3-star. Even if you only have a couple free
hours before your next flight you can have something of Venice. And if you
don't, it is still a decent option (I booked it through www.venere.com where
there are lots of reviews from people who have stayed there).

If that doesn't work for you, a search of Google groups yielded this list of
hotels close to the airport (with thanks to Mike Nield):

Here some links to some hotels near (or "not far") to/from the airport.
http://www.hotelaipini.it/
http://www.albatroshotel.com/albatros/
http://www.hotelgiustizia.com/
http://www.antonyhotel.it/
http://www.capitolpalace.com/
http://www.hotelfenix.it/
http://www.holidayvenice.it/

Old January 26th, 2004, 04:21 PM
gerald

This site has most of the area hotels:

http://www.veneziasi.it/eng/index.html

and this site has 360 hotels in the venice area:

http://www.venere.com/cgi/ihr/offert...01&ref=0&lg=en

Very few people who post here stay on the mainland when visiting
Venice. I would say that I have never stayed in an Italian 3 star
that was unacceptable(2* either, for that matter)

There seems to be a 4* in Meolo for €116 which is most probably a very
nice hotel.

Old January 31st, 2004, 02:04 PM
Suz

"Suz" wrote in message
I'm having trouble finding hotels near Marco Polo airport. Can anybody
recommend one?
We get in late and need somewhere to crash before heading northeast the
following day.
Is there an area I can search on?

I should have made it clearer. We aren't staying in the Venice area at all,
but heading off the next morning. I want to find the absolute nearest hotel
to the airport, preferably north east of the airport.

TIA
Suzanne

Old January 31st, 2004, 04:58 PM
GG

"Suz" wrote in message
"Suz" wrote in message
I'm having trouble finding hotels near Marco Polo airport. Can anybody
recommend one?
We get in late and need somewhere to crash before heading northeast the
following day.
Is there an area I can search on?

I should have made it clearer. We aren't staying in the Venice area at

all,
but heading off the next morning. I want to find the absolute nearest

hotel
to the airport, preferably north east of the airport.

TIA
Suzanne

By googling 'tessera italy hotels' I came up with www.flyhotelvenice.com .
There were some other hits like www.airport-hotels-now.com, but when I
requested availability for a date in April, they used a 5 mile radius for
location and all the hotels that showed up were in Venice.
GG

Old January 31st, 2004, 11:20 PM
Suz

By googling 'tessera italy hotels' I came up with www.flyhotelvenice.com .
There were some other hits like www.airport-hotels-now.com, but when I
requested availability for a date in April, they used a 5 mile radius for
location and all the hotels that showed up were in Venice.
GG

Tessera!!
Thank you! this is what I was looking for and couldn't seem to find! cheers.
Looks like the airport is in the Venetian countryside and this is why I
couldn't find accommodation easily! There is an agriturisimo (farm
guesthouse) 1km from the airport. Perfect.

Used the offical gov tourist site to search on Tessera.
http://www.turismovenezia.it/eng/dynalay.asp?PAGINA=437

Thank you very much.
Suzanne