Viking Cruise pictures

Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Viking Cruise pictures

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Tom K" wrote:

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message
Tobie, thanks for the great pictures. We were only on one HAL cruise so
far, but I loved all the fresh flowers all over the ship.

sue - who will see you on the Oasis

I never noticed that many flower arrangements (maybe it was the holidays
so
they had a lot of nutcrackers all over), but we did find a LOT of places
where they can hid the old people...

Actually that is correct - the Christmas cruise that I took on HAL
(which was my first on HAL), I was disappointed not to see the many
flower arrangements that I had been told there would be. Instead
there were banks of poinsettias. It wasn't until I went on a
non-Christmas cruise that I saw the flower arrangements that others
had told me about.

I didn't see the hidden old people though.

Of course you didn't see them... they're HIDDEN. What Charles and I did was
look for the hiding places before everyone boarded the ship... that way some
of the rooms might still be open... and we found a bunch of tiny little
rooms with chairs all lined up in them. Some even had tables. Later on
they "pretended" to have things like computer classes or jig saw puzzles in
those rooms... but I think that was just a front... We know what those tiny
rooms are really used for. That's where they hide the old people when they
take photos for the brochures.

Luckily none of the Vikings are old people... so we didn't have to search
all over the ship for any Vikings that they hid on us...

--Tom

Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

Dining room, the first few pictures.
http://travel.webshots.com/album/557217899XCSUBn

I don't recall them being like in your picture. It was like one or two
flowers. At the bars they had like more but not like in the picture.

They may of cut back some since my cruise which was 3 years ago.

sue
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Jan 2, 12:32*am, "Tom K" wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Tobie, thanks for the great pictures. We were only on one HAL cruise so
far, but I loved all the fresh flowers all over the ship.

sue - who will see you on the Oasis

I never noticed that many flower arrangements (maybe it was the holidays so
they had a lot of nutcrackers all over), but we did find a LOT of places
where they can hid the old people...

--Tom

TOm there were fresh flowers everywhere! not those Fake things that
Celeb tries to push over as real.
I took pics of the flowers les and I were commenting on them some we
had to go and feel to see if they were really real. Lots of Prchids in
the Buffet area tables i was impressed

Susette
Cruiseoutlets and travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
800 853 9515
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Jan 2, 10:48*am, "Tom K" wrote:
"Rosalie B." wrote in message

"Tom K" wrote:

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message
[...]

--Tom- Hide quoted text -

Tom I am laughing I can still see the room with all the chairs in it

Susette
Cruiseoutlets and travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
800 853 9515
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On Dec 31 2009, 11:23*am, "Island Grampa" wrote:
I just finished uploading my pictures from our trip to Florida and cruise on
Holland America's Westerdam in November/December, 2009.

To see these pictures, or any of our other trips, go to:

http://community.webshots.com/user/chezbull

HAPPY NEW YEAR! *to all of you.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Hi, Island Grampa, it was fun to look at your album and check out
those Vikings. Thanks for sharing your pix!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX