Cape Liberty???

Old July 28th, 2007, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default Cape Liberty???

Now that there are quite a few ships leaving from Cape Liberty, Bayonne must
be building up. Are there any hotels/motels in that area now? We're
leaving on the Azamara Journey in September and will be flying into
Newark...Also if anyone has used this port, do you remember seeing any car
rentals places in or close by Cape Liberty for us to use post cruise?

TIA,
--Jean

Old July 28th, 2007, 07:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 7/27/2007 10:45 PM Jean O'Boyle exclaimed:
Now that there are quite a few ships leaving from Cape Liberty, Bayonne must
be building up. Are there any hotels/motels in that area now? We're
leaving on the Azamara Journey in September and will be flying into
Newark...Also if anyone has used this port, do you remember seeing any car
rentals places in or close by Cape Liberty for us to use post cruise?

TIA,
--Jean

As of this writing there aren't any hotels in open for occupancy stage.
Your best bet at this point is the on property Marriott at Newark
Liberty International Airport. The sound proofing in this hotel is
absolute. In bed at night you'd never know that jet liners are landing
and taking off right over your head. Depending on traffic at time of
day, cab fare from the Marriott shouldn't be that much. Just south of
the airport and near Jersey Gardens (warehouse) Mall are Residence Inn
and Country Inn Suites. They have shuttles to from the airport and
Jersey Gardens. I don't know if any of these offer a free shuttle to
the cruise port.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Bayonne is about 2 miles from Newark Airport. Not much point considering
them separate areas. The airport hotels will work for Bayonne.

. net...

Old July 28th, 2007, 02:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Hi Jean, What are your plans post cruise? NYC? Just curious about
what your thinking of doing because you might not need a car at all.
If you've ever flown into Newark you know its a very industrial area.
Don't waste more than the night before the cruise there and as others
have posted stay at the airport.

Old July 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:45:30 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

Now that there are quite a few ships leaving from Cape Liberty, Bayonne must
be building up. Are there any hotels/motels in that area now? We're
leaving on the Azamara Journey in September and will be flying into
Newark...Also if anyone has used this port, do you remember seeing any car
rentals places in or close by Cape Liberty for us to use post cruise?

TIA,
--Jean

Hi Jean,

I am writing this from EWR as I have just gotten off the Azamara
Journey. I don't think there is anything acceptable real close to the
cruise terminal. There are many hotels near the airport in all price
ranges offering free airport shuttles. You can go back to EWR and
take the cruise ship shuttle or a taxi to the cruise terminal. You
can, of course take a taxi directly from your hotel to Cape Liberty if
you prefer.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Good information, Ray. Thanks. What did you think of the Journey?

Ermalee
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

Hi Jean,

I am writing this from EWR as I have just gotten off the Azamara
Journey.

Hi Ray,

So what do you think of the Azamara Journey?

Have a safe flight home.

sue
Old July 28th, 2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Brian K" wrote in message news:C2Bqi.12724
As of this writing there aren't any hotels in open for occupancy stage.
Your best bet at this point is the on property Marriott at Newark Liberty
International Airport. The sound proofing in this hotel is absolute. In
bed at night you'd never know that jet liners are landing and taking off
right over your head. Depending on traffic at time of day, cab fare from
the Marriott shouldn't be that much. Just south of the airport and near
Jersey Gardens (warehouse) Mall are Residence Inn and Country Inn Suites.
They have shuttles to from the airport and Jersey Gardens. I don't know
if any of these offer a free shuttle to the cruise port.

Hi Brian,
The Residence Inn sounds better because we would not be confined to the
airport area, but I'll check into both places.
Thanks!
--Jean

Old July 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message
Bayonne is about 2 miles from Newark Airport. Not much point considering
them separate areas. The airport hotels will work for Bayonne.

Thanks, Tom...do you know if there are any rental places at or near the pier
at Cape Liberty?

--Jean

Old July 28th, 2007, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Hi Jean, What are your plans post cruise? NYC? Just curious about
what your thinking of doing because you might not need a car at all.
If you've ever flown into Newark you know its a very industrial area.
Don't waste more than the night before the cruise there and as others
have posted stay at the airport.

Hi Rick!
Our post cruise plans are mainly visiting family in the NJ/ PA area, so we
definitely need a car.
Also a bunch of us from rtc are hopefully getting together for lunch while
we are in the vicinity.
Thanks for the heads up anyway!

When are you coming on a cruise with us? Haven't seen you since New
Orleans! I hope you are going on George's GGC2008. It would be good to see
you again!

--Jean