Cape Liberty NJ

Old March 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Jeff Meunier

Default Cape Liberty NJ

Looking for information about Cape Liberty, NJ as far as what is there
to do should I decide to take a crusie from there. I normally go down
the day/night before, is there anything to keep us busy for a
day/night?

Old March 8th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Tom K

Ken G. used to suggest that people stay at the Hyatt (or Hilton... whatever
it is) on the waterfront in Jersey City, just north of Liberty State Park.
From there you can take the water ferry across to NYC, and take a cab to the
port.

--Tom

"Karen Segboer" wrote in message
Ray Goldenberg wrote:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:53:37 GMT,
(Karen Segboer) wrote:

No, there's nothing at all there except your ship and a pier area
presently being completed. This is an industrial New Jersey port
turned cruise ship pier.

Hi Karen,

Wouldn't it be convenient to stay in beautiful downtown Newark? vbg

Um, no, Ray ;-)

If the OP doesn't mind doing a bit of traveling into the city,
Manhattan's just across the river, but he'd have to rent a car and
know his way around.

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews ®
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old March 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Tom K

I'd suggest going into NYC for the day/evening. Visit/do things like:

Go to the top of the Empire State Building
Metropolitan Museum of Art
American Museum of Natural History
Hayden Planetarium
Lincoln Center may have an event
Madison Square Garden might have an event
NY Yankees or NY Mets Game
Little Italy
Chinatown
Canal Street Jewelry/Diamond District
South Street Sea Port
Tour the United Nations Building
See a Broadway Play
Rockefeller Center
Etc.

Or go to Liberty State Park and take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and
Ellis Island. Very close is the Liberty Science Center.

--Tom

Old March 8th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

FeAudrey wrote:

In article ,
says...

Wouldn't it be convenient to stay in beautiful downtown Newark? vbg

Sneer away, but there's lots of interesting stuff in Newark, including
historical and architectural stuff, and the very nice Newark Museum:

http://www.newarkmuseum.org/pages/general.html

Also some great restaurants in the Iron Bound section of Newark.

sue
Old March 9th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Charles

In article , Karen Segboer
wrote:

P.S. Newark DOES have some interesting aspects, but there's no place
I'd want to stay overnight.

I stayed overnight once at the Gateway Hilton. That is the one
connected to Newark Penn Station. No problem at all. They have a lot of
security. Just to use the elevator requires a key card.

--
Charles
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM
RichC

With all of the interesting things to see in NY city why bother with Newark
especially if you only have a day or two?

Old March 9th, 2005, 02:29 PM
number6

RichC wrote:
With all of the interesting things to see in NY city why bother with

Newark
especially if you only have a day or two?

"Jeff Meunier" wrote in message

Looking for information about Cape Liberty, NJ as far as what is

there
to do should I decide to take a crusie from there. I normally go

down
the day/night before, is there anything to keep us busy for a
day/night?

Tough immigration laws ...

Seriously ... people think that going into New York City from Jersey
City or Newark is tough since you change states ... even New Yorkers
When there was a fire at Chemical Control Corporation in Elizabeth New
Jersey ... my MIL living in Staten Island called all worried to make
sure that we were OK since we lived in NJ ... We lived 30 miles from
that fire ... She lived about 3 ... but it was in a different state ...

Old March 9th, 2005, 02:34 PM
number6

Karen Segboer wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Also some great restaurants in the Iron Bound section of Newark.

sue

Portuguese! Yum.

Karen,
pass the sangria

I'm partial to Don Pepe's ... It was difficult finding time to make
that trek especially with decent Portuguese restaurants nearer ... but
now with my youngest son up at NJIT ... the opportunity presents itself
often lately ...