Cruising and Cakes

Old September 20th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Brian K

On 09/20/2004 1:25 AM Dan Harris plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger
and said:

In my past experience, if you really want a piece of cake, just let it slip
that it's your "birthday" that night, and you'll likely get that cake, and a
bunch of singing waiters delivering it as well ;-)

is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage

I know what the next thread may be. "How to smuggle Entennmans, or a
simple Pound Cake on board". ;-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old September 21st, 2004, 12:25 AM
Diva

Jean, that's different than what I experienced on HAL. The ice cream
bar was only open at 2:00 pm each day for maybe an hour or so. This
was on the Maasdam and the old Westerdam.

June

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
om...
Tom said:

Voyager ships have a shop off the inside promade which has

cookies, mini
sandwiches, cakes and pies all day and night.

--Tom

"Linsifer" wrote in message
Do you have to pay for them? The word "shop" makes me think you

do.

Lindsay

Lindsay, I don't know about Voyager ships, but on HAL, they have a

tray of
great home made cookies next to the ice cream counter..That's where

I'd find
Ed every time! I love the variety of ice creams on HAL--free with

many
flavors and all day
during the hours that the buffet was open! They had a table of

toppings,
chocolate, caramel, butterscotch, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

plus a
couple of bottles of liquor standing there to top the ice cream,

too!

--Jean

Old September 21st, 2004, 12:53 AM
Linsifer

How is it on NCL? We'll have two birthdays to celebrate next year when we sail
to Alaska. Both are rites of passage; one into "the teenage years" and the
other into "preschool age". Gotta have cake for that!

Lindsay

Ray said:

Hi Don,

Great idea except on Carnival. There is now a charge for the "small"
& "large" cake. I do believe they will give you a complimentary
cupcake with a candle, though. Maybe one of our recent cruisers will
confirm this. You gotta' love some of these revenue enhancements.

Old September 21st, 2004, 12:56 AM
RichC

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message

Great idea except on Carnival. There is now a charge for the "small"
& "large" cake. I do believe they will give you a complimentary
cupcake with a candle, though. Maybe one of our recent cruisers will
confirm this. You gotta' love some of these revenue enhancements.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Does anybody know what the charge is for the cakes?

Old September 21st, 2004, 12:57 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Diva" wrote in message
Jean, that's different than what I experienced on HAL. The ice cream
bar was only open at 2:00 pm each day for maybe an hour or so. This
was on the Maasdam and the old Westerdam.

June, you were short changed! ;-( It was open during buffet hours on both
the new Westerdam in May and the Statendam just this July!

--Jean