Comments on itinerary, please

Old April 28th, 2005, 10:35 PM

Default Comments on itinerary, please

We are planning a family short break to Seville, Andalucia with 2 x
14-year old & 1 x 5-year old. We would welcome comments on our outline
itinerary, as follows:

Monday, August 8th
------------------
Fly in, arriving at 8:30pm, transfer to hotel and sleep !

Tuesday, August 9th
-------------------
Chill in Seville

Wednesday, August 10th
----------------------
Drive over to Granada
Visit the Alhambra
Drive back to Seville

Thursday, August 11th
---------------------
Chill in Seville

Friday, August 12th
-------------------
Drive down to Cadiz
Sightsee/lunch in Cadiz
Drive to Sanl=FAcar de Barrameda
Spend the afternoon on the beach
Watch the horse-racing in the evening
Drive back to Seville

Saturday, August 13th
---------------------
Chill in Seville
Fly home, departing 8:10pm

Thanks !

Nick

Old April 28th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Miss L. Toe

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are planning a family short break to Seville, Andalucia with 2 x
14-year old & 1 x 5-year old. We would welcome comments on our outline
itinerary, as follows:

Monday, August 8th
------------------
Fly in, arriving at 8:30pm, transfer to hotel and sleep !

That could be a very bad idea - depending on where you are coming from it
might be better to hold the sleep until a limited early afternoon siesta
otherwise your bodyclocks might never get in synch with the real world.

Old April 29th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Alan S

On 28 Apr 2005 14:35:58 -0700,
wrote:

We are planning a family short break to Seville, Andalucia with 2 x
14-year old & 1 x 5-year old. We would welcome comments on our outline
itinerary, as follows:

Monday, August 8th
------------------
Fly in, arriving at 8:30pm, transfer to hotel and sleep !

Tuesday, August 9th
-------------------
Chill in Seville

Wednesday, August 10th
----------------------
Drive over to Granada
Visit the Alhambra
Drive back to Seville

Thursday, August 11th
---------------------
Chill in Seville

Friday, August 12th
-------------------
Drive down to Cadiz
Sightsee/lunch in Cadiz
Drive to Sanlúcar de Barrameda
Spend the afternoon on the beach
Watch the horse-racing in the evening
Drive back to Seville

Saturday, August 13th
---------------------
Chill in Seville
Fly home, departing 8:10pm

Thanks !

Nick

Sounds great - I like chill:-)

On the Granada day - leave early in the morning to allow
enough time. The Alhambra and Generaliffe were one of the
most memorable periods on my trip. It is enormous,
awe-inspiring and fascinating.

Unless you are expert on the history, rent one of the
"talking tour" audio speakers which allow you to wander at
your own pace - well worth the money. Is it possible to stay
the night, so that you can follow with dinner locally and
wander through the bazaars in the Albaicin?

You're going at peak time. Make sure you reserve tickets in
advance or you may not get in. I rang for mine from
Australia, there are a few web-sites with info, for example:

http://www.alhambradegranada.org/gui...ntradas_en.asp
http://granadainfo.com/ticketsalhambra.htm#indiv
http://www.vivagranada.com/alhambratickets.htm

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old April 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
OughtFour

Alan S wrote:
On the Granada day - leave early in the morning to allow
enough time. The Alhambra and Generaliffe were one of the
most memorable periods on my trip. It is enormous,
awe-inspiring and fascinating.

I'd even say--spend a night in Granada. This will make for a much less
crazed day. Plus you can take a few hours to poke around the Albaicin and
even, maybe, visit the Nasrim Palace at night (a wonderful experience).

But even if you don't do these things, consider spending the night.

Have a great trip!