Cruise from Boston to Bermuda

Old October 8th, 2010, 04:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Punky

Default Cruise from Boston to Bermuda

Hi everyone,
I'll be taking my very first cruise in June, 2011 from Boston to
Bermuda for 7 days on the Norwegian Dawn. Anyone else going? Also,
any advice for a first time cruiser? Plus, I get terrible motion
sickness. Thank you!
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

PUNKY:
Go to your local drug store and ask them for MECHLIZINE.25,they are
perfect for preventing motion sickness,I have taken 50 cruises,and never
leave home with out it,You only need to take 1 or a day. I also use it
for vertigo. Enjoy your cruise,nothing can take the
place of your first cruise,it is always the best.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old October 8th, 2010, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

On 10/8/2010 4:56 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
PUNKY:
Go to your local drug store and ask them for MECHLIZINE.25,they are
perfect for preventing motion sickness,I have taken 50 cruises,and never
leave home with out it,You only need to take 1 or a day. I also use it
for vertigo. Enjoy your cruise,nothing can take the
place of your first cruise,it is always the best.

Since you know you get motion sickness take the meds before you get on
the ship. Also a good idea is to take it once at home to make sure it
agrees with you.

Enjoy your cruise, we love Bermuda!!

sue
Old October 9th, 2010, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 20:59:16 -0700 (PDT), Punky wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'll be taking my very first cruise in June, 2011 from Boston to
Bermuda for 7 days on the Norwegian Dawn. Anyone else going? Also,
any advice for a first time cruiser? Plus, I get terrible motion
sickness. Thank you!

meclazine, brand name Bonine. Take it as soon as you get on the ship,
before you even set sail. I have found (personally) that if I forestall
seasickness on the first day, never give it a chance to get started,
I'll be much better off for the whole trip.

To find other people who will be on your cruise, go to the roll calls at
www.cruisecritic.com.

What is your cabin location? NCL is odd in that all the most expensive
cabins are in high-motion parts of the ship. I think the best cabin for
seasickness would be the lowest mid-ship balconies (fresh air, you can
see the horizon), but some people prefer low inside cabins for the least
motion - in general, the closer to the medical center, the better.

Old October 9th, 2010, 12:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
TEP

You should look at the Roll Call for this cruise on Cruise Critic. (I think
one has to be a member to do this, but membership is free.) For example,
the June 10, 2011 cruise from Boston to Bermuda can be found at
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1257067. It is easy to hunt
around for other dates in June 2011.

"Punky" wrote in message
Anyone else going?

Old October 9th, 2010, 09:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

PUNKY" also a good idea is when you pack,leave your clothes on the
hangers,then when you get your luggage on board the ship all you have to
do is hang them up,saves a lot of trouble.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old October 9th, 2010, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Yes,the brand name for meclizine is "BONINE" but bonine costs about $6
or $7 for 8 pills,where meclizine you get 100 for (i pay $4.85) maybe it
will cost you a dollar or so more depending on where you live.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old October 11th, 2010, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default Don't Cruise from Boston to Bermuda

This is a great way to get to Bermuda and save lots of $$$$ over flying
and staying at a resort.

I've done it many times and only had one problem.

One piece of luggage was completely shredded hen it arrived at my suite.

Norwegian's contract limited the compensation to $100 and Massport
(who's employees and machinery damaged the luggage) wouldn't do anything
for us.

If I ever leave from Boston again, I'll take my own baggage aboard

Old October 11th, 2010, 06:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 10/10/2010 10:18 PM, Gadget World wrote:
This is a great way to get to Bermuda and save lots of $$$$ over flying
and staying at a resort.

I've done it many times and only had one problem.

One piece of luggage was completely shredded hen it arrived at my suite.

Norwegian's contract limited the compensation to $100 and Massport
(who's employees and machinery damaged the luggage) wouldn't do anything
for us.

If I ever leave from Boston again, I'll take my own baggage aboard

Or get travel insurance??

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas