Motorists hit by card clone scam

Old April 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Default Motorists hit by card clone scam

Tim wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote
... they mistakenly consider having to change a
non-rechargeable AA battery as "user servicable."

"Tim" wrote:
Ah, diddums - can't you manage to swap an AA battery yourself? Bless...
Most people can manage that quite easily!

"Steve Firth" wrote
sigh

Where did I say that I can't change a battery?

Your comment suggests that you need someone else to change the batteries:-

No it doesn't.

"mistakenly" = you disagree
"... change ... AA battery ..."
"user" = You

"they"

Someone else, not me.

"mistakenly"

erroneously

"consider"

have the opinion, preceded by "they" hence "they" have the opinion, not
I.

"having to change a non-rechargeable AA battery as"

That is, someone else "the 'they' referred to previously" is the one
changing a battery

"user servicable."

A term which is used to mean "serviceable by the user" and does not
refer to the replacement of consumables such as non-rechargeable
batteries.

There are, of course, many definitions for "serviceable"...

There are of course many definitions for ****wit, and you seem to fit
all of them.

You need remedial English lessons.

Other crap snipped

You appear to be unable to quote a usenet post correctly. And the "crap"
you snipped did show up your drooling stupidity for what it is, so I can
see why you snipped it.
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Tim

"Tim" wrote:
Your comment suggests that you need someone else to change the
batteries:-

"mistakenly" = you disagree
"... change ... AA battery ..."
"user" = You

"Steve Firth" wrote
"they"
"consider"

have the opinion, preceded by "they"
hence "they" have the opinion, not I.

Exactly - that's why I said you disagreed with their opinion.
Do you have a problem with simple english comprehension now?

"Steve Firth" wrote
That is, someone else "the 'they' referred to
previously" is the one changing a battery

No, we've already determined that it's the "someone
else" who has the *opinion* stated - we hadn't
decided yet who was to be changing any battery.

Now, as we know that you think their opinion was wrong,
then you must think that the "user" can't change the battery.
Of course, most other people will be happy to
change the battery, so you must be referring to
your own (lack of) capability to change batteries...

Other crap snipped

[Again.]

Old April 26th, 2007, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth[_2_]

"Tim" wrote:
Your comment suggests that you need someone else to change the
batteries:-

"mistakenly" = you disagree
"... change ... AA battery ..."
"user" = You

"Steve Firth" wrote
"they"
"consider"

have the opinion, preceded by "they"
hence "they" have the opinion, not I.

Exactly - that's why I said you disagreed with their opinion.
Do you have a problem with simple english comprehension now?

No, but I'm obviusly dealing with someone who can't parse a sentence.

"Steve Firth" wrote
That is, someone else "the 'they' referred to
previously" is the one changing a battery

No, we've already determined that it's the "someone
else" who has the *opinion* stated - we hadn't
decided yet who was to be changing any battery.

The someone else has the opinion about changing the battery.

Now, as we know that you think their opinion was wrong,
then you must think that the "user" can't change the battery.

That's stupid. At no point have indicated that either I or the "they"
that is the subject of the sentence cannot change the battery.

Of course, most other people will be happy to
change the battery, so you must be referring to
your own (lack of) capability to change batteries...

Try reading the sentence, rather than reading something into it.

The mistaken opion referred to is thinking that changing a battery (a
consumable) makes a device user serviceable.

Other crap snipped

[Again.]

**** off you mindless ****.
Old April 26th, 2007, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Tim

"Tim" wrote:
No, we've already determined that it's the "someone
else" who has the *opinion* stated - we hadn't
decided yet who was to be changing any battery.

"Steve Firth" wrote
The someone else has the opinion about changing the battery.

Yep, that's what I just said!

"Tim" wrote:
Now, as we know that you think their opinion was wrong,
then you must think that the "user" can't change the battery.

"Steve Firth" wrote
That's stupid. At no point have indicated that either I or the "they"
that is the subject of the sentence cannot change the battery.

The "they" suggested that the battery was changeable by the user.
You *disagreed* with their opinion !!

"Steve Firth" wrote
The mistaken opion referred to is thinking that changing a
battery (a consumable) makes a device user serviceable.

So - who do you consider should perform the
service of changing the battery, if not the user?

Other crap snipped
[Yet again.]

By the way, giving verbal abuse doesn't mean you win the
argument. In fact, it suggests that you are *losing* the argument,
as you have no further constructive comments to make.

Old April 26th, 2007, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth[_2_]

Tim wrote:

By the way, giving verbal abuse doesn't mean you win the
argument.

And repeatedly stating something which shows you don't understand simple
English doesn't mean there is an argument. And I am obviously dealing
with a congenital idiot.

Or rather I'm not. Because I see no point in continuing to talk to a
drooling ****wad.

For the avoidance of doubt. At no time did I say I could not change a
battery. At no time did I say that someone else could not change a
battery.

What I did say can be summarised as 'the ability to change a battery
does not make an item "user serviceable"'

Now you can continue with your juvenile attempts at point scoring.
Old April 26th, 2007, 03:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Tim

"Tim" wrote:
By the way, giving verbal abuse
doesn't mean you win the argument.

"Steve Firth" wrote: Some more abuse, snipped

Steve, I note you refuse to answer the question:
"Who do you consider should perform the
service of changing the battery, if not the user?".

Is it because you've realised your mistake?

Old April 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Tim wrote:

"Tim" wrote:
By the way, giving verbal abuse
doesn't mean you win the argument.

Then you lose, since you were the first to do so.

"Steve Firth" wrote: Some more abuse, snipped

Steve, I note you refuse to answer the question:
"Who do you consider should perform the
service of changing the battery, if not the user?".

Is it because you've realised your mistake?

I'm not refusing to answer it, the question is a canard, since the
question of who changes the battery is entirely something that you have
invented as a reason for a mindless argument.

If you keep snipping the answers given and indeed describing any answer
as "crap" then you are obviously not interested in the answer and only
interested in mudslinging and misrepresentation.

Now **** off and play in the main road with the other morons.
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:40:07 +0100,
"Tim" has scripted:

"Tim" wrote:
By the way, giving verbal abuse
doesn't mean you win the argument.

"Steve Firth" wrote: Some more abuse, snipped

Steve, I note you refuse to answer the question:
"Who do you consider should perform the
service of changing the battery, if not the user?".

Is it because you've realised your mistake?

Have you figured out why I plonked him, Tim?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
Brain Robertson

Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

Have you figured out why I plonked him, Tim?

Because you're a plonker?
Old April 28th, 2007, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.finance,uk.rec.driving
David Taylor[_2_]

On 2007-04-24, Steve Firth wrote:
Magda magda@eu wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:16:48 +0100, in rec.travel.europe,
(Steve Firth) arranged some electrons, so they looked
like this:

... Magda magda@eu wrote:
... Mari = husband. Marie = Mary.
... Mac user indeed...
... sigh
... I've never studied the French language at any school, nor taken a course
... in French for self study. I do not claim to speak French. I do not speak
... French. I was not born speaking French, nor indeed was any citizen of
... France. Speaking French is not an indicator of intelligence.
... However you certainly are scoring points for being about the dumbest ass
... that has posted to this newsgroup.

You have big clusters of brain cells that stopped working long ago. No
need to explain,

Right, you think people come into the world able to speak a variety of
languages. And you want to call me dumb?

I want to call you dumb, but only because you keep replying...

--
David Taylor