After Kerry's speech tonight

Old July 30th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Pete

Default After Kerry's speech tonight

Diebold is the company making the majority of voting machines.
The CEO is a loyal Bush supporter who has made contributions to
the Bush campaign and has promised to do "anything we can" to
get Bush reelected.

Diebold's chief executive's August 2003 fund-raising letter included
the words that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral
votes to (President Bush) next year." A most interesting comment
from someone who runs the major electronic voting machine maker.

There are lots of stories concerning this on the web. Here's one:
http://www.motherjones.com/commentar...03/03_200.html
CNN's Lou Dobb's TV show often features stories on the reliability,
or lack thereof, of electronic voting machines.

Pete

Old July 30th, 2004, 10:08 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adella wrote:

I have revised my plans to move immediately to Europe after November 2.
For the first time in months, I am optimistic that the US will find its
way once again.

You're not alone in that assessment! (I may even get a "Kerry-Edwards"
bumper sticker to complement the one that says "Defend America - Defeat
Bush".) His daughters helped a lot to "humanize" him, after all the
negative accusations of his being "aloof" and "cold". Being a pet
person, I LOVED the story of the hamster! (And apparently none of THAT
family are drunks and/or drug addicts - says something about the
difference between the Kerry and the Bush concepts of "family values",
doesn't it?)

Of course, after hearing Teresa Heinz Kerry the evening before, I would
vote for him, just to get HER as "first lady"! (That is one impressive
human being.) IMO she may well prove to be a modern-day Eleanor
Roosevelt (who accomplished, in her own right, a lot for the good of the
world - even after FDR died).

If you are a US citizen living in Europe, please register to vote.
Please help liberate us from this dreadful regime.

Yes, please, please PLEASE!!! It's going to be a tough fight - too many
Americans either ignore or refuse to believe what Bush and his cronies
have done to our freedoms, and if they manage another four years, there
may not BE a "Constitution" to defend!

Old July 30th, 2004, 10:34 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Olivers wrote:

Adella extrapolated from data available...

If you are a US citizen living in Europe, please register to vote.
Please help liberate us from this dreadful regime.

Don't get your hopes up, Dearie. We wouldn't want you around for the post
election celebration by the Bush adherents.

Ain't gonna happen, if there's any justice at all left in this sorry world!

Kerry's oration seemed uninspired and not very inspiring, even to the
handful of unconvinced out there, while his charisma bell rang at a muted
and barely audible tone. He was better than his wife.

Huh? What planet are you living on? (You plainly didn't see the same
convention the rest of the U.S. did!)

I do hope you move, Adella,

Another of the "love it or leave it" brigade, are you? Just remember,
the reason the U.S. has survived as long as it has is that our
Constitution offers the hope of "changing regimes" by PEACEABLE means.
Undermine it more than the Shrub and his controllers already have, and
the people may lose faith in their ability to effect change without
violence. The true patriots will remain, not flee (and "man the
barricades" if they must). Fortunately, a majority of us still have
faith in the things our country once stood for, and in the goodwill of
most of our fellow countrymen. (But if Bush steals the next election
too.... I don't think any of us want to see what might happen, then.)

obligations, or bogus claims of repression (terms which in their collective
embrace have room even for most Democrats), have good jobs

Oh, you mean some of the affluent and opportunistic FOLLOWED the
"outsourcing" of their jobs, and are now working overseas? Many people
with families didn't have that option - consequently jobs continue to
disappear overseas, and unemployment within our boundaries continues to
grow.

and will vote
Republican as a matter of conviction and common sense.

Say rather as a matter of uncommon lack of perception and less sense
than your average moron.

Old July 30th, 2004, 10:36 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Sjoerd wrote:

"Olivers" schreef in bericht

Adella extrapolated from data available...

I have revised my plans to move immediately to Europe after November 2.
For the first time in months, I am optimistic that the US will find its
way once again.

If you are a US citizen living in Europe, please register to vote.
Please help liberate us from this dreadful regime.

Don't get your hopes up, Dearie. We wouldn't want you around for the post
election celebration by the Bush adherents.

snip

embrace have room even for most Democrats), have good jobs and will vote
Republican as a matter of conviction and common sense.

Anyone who votes Republican after 4 years of Bush is either:

1) stupid
2) rich and selfish and/or
3) a fascist.

Or all of the above!