Smoking or Non-smoking

Old September 11th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Mimi

Mark Hewitt wrote:

When booking into a hotel it's something they always ask me, Smoking or
Non-smoking. Not something I think about in day to day life since I don't
smoke.

I've never been asked that in re a hotel room, although restaurants in the
U.S. (outside of California where there IS no smoking in public buildings)
frequently ask that question. I do remember one motel room here in the
U.S. which positively REEKED of stale cigarette smoke, but if the rooms
have been properly cleaned between tenants, I've seldom found a previous
guest's smoking habits a problem.

But what if the maid smoked?

Marianne

Old September 11th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Kristina

Then tell the hotel you want a different room if you don't like the
smell of the one assigned.

kris

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:23:32 +0100, "Mark Hewitt"
wrote:

"Kristina" wrote in message
. ..
And this has WHAT to do with the topic of discussion?

RIght. Nothing.

Everything. Your issue is with the hotel management in giving you
compensation for not giving you the room you ordered in the first place.
Instead you are just punishing the people who follow you.

Pretty disgusting habit and I don't want to be sleeping somewhere where
someone has been smoking only a few hours before.

Old September 12th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Hatunen

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:00:11 GMT, "Mimi"

Mark Hewitt wrote:

When booking into a hotel it's something they always ask me, Smoking or
Non-smoking. Not something I think about in day to day life since I don't
smoke.

I've never been asked that in re a hotel room, although restaurants in the
U.S. (outside of California where there IS no smoking in public buildings)
frequently ask that question. I do remember one motel room here in the
U.S. which positively REEKED of stale cigarette smoke, but if the rooms
have been properly cleaned between tenants, I've seldom found a previous
guest's smoking habits a problem.

But what if the maid smoked?

What if pigs could fly?

Old September 12th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Lennart Petersen

"Kristina" skrev i meddelandet
Then tell the hotel you want a different room if you don't like the
smell of the one assigned.
kris

Possibly the next guest is suffering from asthma and possibly he/she doesn't
detect the tobacco smoke until he/she have got an attack of asthma ?
And possibly there aren't any more no-smoking rooms available at that hotel
and others are fully booked. Try to imagine the problems for someone with
such problems or eventually allergy.
While your problems isn't of the same dimension. You can always walk out
and have a cig somewhere else where smoking is allowed.
I guess you've reason to blame the hotel if they've failed to provide you
the booked accommodation but that shouldn't be solved by damaging the
room.
Maybe ,if you insist , you could be entitled to a discount.