Czech MPs approve gay rights law

Old March 17th, 2006, 10:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Czech MPs approve gay rights law

Following up to EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Exactly! Most of the "gay" couples I've known were far more
committed to each other than many heterosexuals.

I've honestly not noticed any difference, I find it depressingly
rare for any couples to make it for 25 years+. What's also sad is
the obvious secret gay married to a (usually) foreign woman
living a lie. Then there's the women who "trap" a man to provide
for the family they want.
The saddest lot of course are the homophobes, I believe many of
them are repressed gays, they protest too much?

Why should they not have the same rights?

of course.

(Like "citizen142", I can't
quite imagine myself in such a relationship

I can imagine women in such relationships, but that's another
story best left untold.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Dubiously Fragrant Muffin

Because marriage is the joining of a man and a woman. Why can't gays
simply create another word for marriage, and use that instead?
--

why does it matter? Words change all the time as we evolve.
People used to use "Waiter, waitress", now just waiter. I could
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:16 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Dubiously Fragrant Muffin
:

Why can't one marry anything then?

For the same reason that employers aren't obliged to be equal opportunity
employers for caterpillars or bags of shingle.
Personally I see no reason why a person shouldn't marry their tractor. But
I think we can all assume we're talking about humans here. And you know
that full well.
--
Tim C.
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Timothy Kroesen

Jay got it right when he mentioned an agenda of social "manipulation" by
gays; as just the other night by happenstance I was exposed to some on
US television myself. The 'show' is called "Will & Grace"; the episode
involved the usually portrayed 'loveable and committed' gay couple who
go to an expected and apparently somewhat regular gay orgy at the home
of friends.

you got of on it, didnt you?
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Dubiously Fragrant Muffin

Why can't one marry anything then?

because the rights in question are only applicable to humans.
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Martin

50% of US marriages (and
increasing elsewhere) end in divorce.

and gay partnerships last forever?

who said they did?
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Dubiously Fragrant Muffin

What do you suggest?

A queeriage? A bondage? A homage?

What's bondage got to do with gays?
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Martin

A queeriage? A bondage? A homage?

A cohabitation?

we could call them all "partnerships" in law and leave "marriage"
for religious types but why bother? Marriage is fine. These
arguments are as pathetic as the Tories who object to the
chairman/woman being called "chair" on the basis of they are not
furniture. Do they have a mental age of 12?
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Tim C.

What for? "Marriage" is perfect.

...absolutely.

exactly, its a childish argument, best left for homophobes to
drivel on about.
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Martin :

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:02:06 +0100, Tim C.
wrote:

Following up to "Timothy Kroesen" :

A gay 'couple' may dispose of any
assets when one dies 'of sound mind and body' in *any* way they wish
legally right now; write a will.

Except for life insurance policies, pensions, and the right of access to
any children (and don't even think about saying that gays don't have
children to look after).
A lifelong gay partner is normally not considered "next of kin" and so has
no right to claim these things, whereas a straight couple married for only
a few days does.

It depends on the country.

Of course.
--