Brooklyn Welcomes Cruise Ships!

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:17 PM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
.. .

Because you're cute as a button?

What a nice thing to say! If only the cruise lines felt the same way.

Ernie

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
Color schemes, that's about it.

Unfortunately you're right. Basically that is the only difference these
days as much as people would like to believe otherwise.

Ernie

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:19 PM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message

O, for God sake's Ernie, let me feel melancholy. The vodka is kicking in.

Ok!

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:21 PM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
See, I do. I think that CCL bought Costa and HAL with the full intention

of
homogenizing the lines. Cunard? I sometimes wonder if Mickey bought it as
much for the prestige. Like owning the Yankees.

You could be absolutely right about that. It makes me feel a little better
about Carnival if I at least think they had good intentions from the start.
If their true intent was to homogenize the lines from day one then they
truly are the evil empire of cruising!

Ernie

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:47 PM
George Leppla

"Karen Segboer" wrote

"Building Stepford Wife communities, goober by goober ... "

Well... the last "goober" cruise we did was on the Explorer of the Seas.
About 200 people and we had a pretty good time.

As I recall, the last cruise Karen did was on the Voyager of the Seas. Of
course, when 200 of us go on a Voyager class ship, we are Goobers. When
Karen goes on one, she is "open minded". vbg

Welcome to Gooberville, Karen.

The next big group will be on Celebrity Cruise Line's Millennium. Welcome
to Gooberville Ernest, Tom K and Ben S.

Nice to have you all on board!

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

Miracle in May - http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm
The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/

Old April 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM
How B

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:54:08 -0400, E.k.R. wrote:
Why bother having different brands
if all you are going to do is dilute them?

B/c, Ernie, it is much simpler to have one business plan for a hundred
ships than ot have 100 business plans for 100 ships. Economies of scale,
Ole Chap.

Sounds like what Ford has done to Jaguar, which now looks like the
******* child of a Taurus. (And would they please stop pronouncing it
"Jag-you-are!"

How B

Old April 18th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:01:52 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:34:11 -0400, E.k.R. wrote:

I honesty don't
think Carnival buys various brands with the actual intent to dilute them,
but this is what happens when accountants identify more and more areas to
increase the benefits of economies of scale.

See, I do. I think that CCL bought Costa and HAL with the full intention of
homogenizing the lines. Cunard? I sometimes wonder if Mickey bought it as
much for the prestige. Like owning the Yankees.

That's exactly why he bought Cunard, and he's said as much. He
couldn't build a shipping line like Cunard, himself, so he bought it
... then screwed it up and made it a Carnival clone, just like the
other brands he bought.

And egotistical. To do it is one thing, to publish your agenda, another.
Empire builder, huh?

Some people are just too f*cking rich.

Karens

Oooh, one silly little vowel away from naughty grrrl. This one must really
rub you the wrong way. Is Mickey going on the QM2?