ADIOS!

Old December 14th, 2008, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default ADIOS!

We are all packed and ready to leave in the wee hours for Galveston to board
the Voyager of the Seas! It will be interesting to see the condition of
Galveston when we arrive.
After such a fantastic cruise on Oceania Regatta not even a month ago, I
hope that it will not be a let down...to prevent it we booked a Grand Suite
so I hope it makes up for all the pampering and beauty of the Regatta. I
also hope that the Christmas decorations are up on the ship when we
board...that was one of the things that made the Viking's Liberty of the
Seas extra special last December.
Be back in a week!

--Jean

Old December 14th, 2008, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

We are all packed and ready to leave in the wee hours for Galveston to board
the Voyager of the Seas! It will be interesting to see the condition of
Galveston when we arrive.

Probably not all that good. I had to do an interview couple of weeks
ago with a doc from Univ. Tx. Medical Branch in Galveston and everybody
was still working from cells as few of the Medical Center's phones were
working.
Old December 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

We are all packed and ready to leave in the wee hours for Galveston to board
the Voyager of the Seas! It will be interesting to see the condition of
Galveston when we arrive.

Probably not all that good. I had to do an interview couple of weeks
ago with a doc from Univ. Tx. Medical Branch in Galveston and everybody
was still working from cells as few of the Medical Center's phones were
working.

Someone I know who is a Texan and has spent summer vacations in
Galveston since he was a child, cruised out of Galveston recently and
said the smell was horrible. I hope maybe it has improved by now.

sue
Old December 14th, 2008, 08:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:57:49 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Be back in a week!

Baited breath.
Old December 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
We are all packed and ready to leave in the wee hours for Galveston to board
the Voyager of the Seas!

Bon voyage, Jean. One of our most fun trips ever was out of Galveston,
aboard the Splendour of the Seas. Friendliest crew and passengers we've
yet encountered.

Can't wait to hear about it when you get home!

~ Peri
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 12/14/2008 11:00 AM Sue Mullen did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

We are all packed and ready to leave in the wee hours for Galveston
to board the Voyager of the Seas! It will be interesting to see the
condition of Galveston when we arrive.

Probably not all that good. I had to do an interview couple of
weeks ago with a doc from Univ. Tx. Medical Branch in Galveston and
everybody
was still working from cells as few of the Medical Center's phones
were working.

Someone I know who is a Texan and has spent summer vacations in
Galveston since he was a child, cruised out of Galveston recently and
said the smell was horrible. I hope maybe it has improved by now.

sue

What was the smell? Perhaps too many rhinestone cowboys wearing cheap
after shave like "Hai Karate" ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old December 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On Dec 14, 2:44*pm, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:57:49 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Be back in a week!

Baited breath.

What did you bait it with?
Old December 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On Dec 16, 2:31*am, Brian K wrote:
What was the smell? Perhaps too many rhinestone cowboys wearing cheap
after shave like "Hai Karate" *;-)

Hi, Brian,

Some of us in Texas aren't cowboys, rhinestone or real! And Galveston
is not where you'd find the most cowboys, if you were looking.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_3_]

Sue Mullen wrote:
Someone I know who is a Texan and has spent summer vacations in
Galveston since he was a child, cruised out of Galveston recently and
said the smell was horrible. I hope maybe it has improved by now.

sue

We just came home from a cruise out of Galveston. Some of the signal
lights are not working and we saw piles of sand, lumber and debris. We
saw a truck that was perched on top of a pier that extended over the
ocean. Several boats are scattered around the island. In a parking
lot, we saw a 35" sailboat laying on top of a utility truck. Things are
coming together, but they are not there, yet.

Becca
Old December 17th, 2008, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 12/16/2008 10:28 AM D Ball did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
On Dec 16, 2:31 am, Brian K wrote:

What was the smell? Perhaps too many rhinestone cowboys wearing cheap
after shave like "Hai Karate" ;-)

Hi, Brian,

Some of us in Texas aren't cowboys, rhinestone or real! And Galveston
is not where you'd find the most cowboys, if you were looking.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Diana I agree with most of what you say. I was just making a quip about
the post asking 'What was that smell'. So, you want to be *serious*
then can you answer the question, "What was that smell?" factually? 8-)

--
________