San Juan Hotel

Old January 5th, 2009, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Synwave

Default San Juan Hotel

I'm going to San Juan in October for a cruise, but I need a nice
cheap hotel for a couple days before to see the town. It has to be close
to the Cruise port with a shuttle to the port.
Thanks' for any help you can give me.

Old January 5th, 2009, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"synwave" wrote in message
I'm going to San Juan in October for a cruise, but I need a nice
cheap hotel for a couple days before to see the town. It has to be
close to the Cruise port with a shuttle to the port.
Thanks' for any help you can give me.

San Juan is not Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

There ARE NO nice cheap hotels in San Juan. There are nice, expensive 4
star hotels. And there are cheap hotels that are more the equivalent of 1
star hotels in the US. And there isn't much in between. It's an
international city... so you're going to pay international prices.

The closest you might come is the Embassy Suites near the airport. It's not
ocean front, so it's not as expensive as the other nice hotels. It's
probably 15 minutes from the piers. There will be taxis to get to the pier.

--Tom

Old January 6th, 2009, 08:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_3_]

synwave wrote:
I'm going to San Juan in October for a cruise, but I need a nice
cheap hotel for a couple days before to see the town. It has to be
close to the Cruise port with a shuttle to the port.
Thanks' for any help you can give me.

It is tough to find what you are looking for in San Juan. A group of us
stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and we were pleased. The elevator was
slow and the rooms are not large, but the hotel was nice and clean and
they had a nice breakfast buffet. You could walk to Walgreen's, Baskin
Robbins, some local restaurants, and there is a bus stop around the
corner.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/...uestid=292596_

Becca
Old January 7th, 2009, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"synwave" wrote in message
I'm going to San Juan in October for a cruise, but I need a nice
cheap hotel for a couple days before to see the town. It has to be
close to the Cruise port with a shuttle to the port.
Thanks' for any help you can give me.

On the 2008 GGC, when taking the Adventure of the Seas, we had a hard time
finding a hotel, it seemed they were all booked except the very expensive
ones so we took a chance and booked the El Canario Inn on Ashford St. It
was a bed and breakfast style place.. economical and clean, which had a
continental breakfast. We were pleased with it because it was quaint and
the surroundings were so pleasant.

I've included a link and when you open it, the inn is the one on the bottom
of the website. I believe there are two other inns owned by El Canario...I
also think some of our group stayed in the El Canario on the Lagoon. Ours
was more in a residential area and besides the multitude of coquis singing
in the banana plant trees outside the window day and night, it was very
quiet.
They have an 800 number.. If there are mobility problems, you might not be
interested as there were some stairs that you had to climb..not many, but
some.

--Jean
http://www.canariohotels.com/inn.htm

Old January 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Jan 6, 11:21�pm, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:
"synwave" wrote in message

[...]

Jean

thanks for this review, I always wondered about that hotel.
Bob and I stay at Courtyard by Marriott due to alot of Hotel Points.
Many have stayed at Embassy Suites too. But that Holiday Inn Is one
of the nicest Holiday Inns I ever seen.

But it is good to hear that the El Canario was not bad at all! THANKS

Susette
Cruise outlets and travel
856-853-9515
www.cruiseoutlets.com