Cruise Critic Censorship

Old March 13th, 2009, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NWLB

Default Cruise Critic Censorship

I just want to say that I feel much better now that people are using
my initials in the correct order!

And a point to clarify and build on what is noted in several posts:
I'm not what I or others call a regular here. I've long read it, and
with my particular focus on my own websites, don't make an attempt to
be a "regular" here or anyplace. I mainly respond to RCI related
posts only, announce articles on my own site, etc. I don't bother to
do so on CC or Cruise Mates precisely because I gain nothing for my
own project in doing so. It isn't personal against those sites, their
policies are fair enough. But I prefer to invest most of my time in
my own project where it can gain the most from my efforts. I'm no
man's schill but my own!

My comments on this topic speak about the entire online community,
ranging from Cruise Critic, Cruise Mates, Cruise Addicts, Cruise
Crazies, RTC, and some more obscure locations online. To be honest,
and speaking in good humor, I'm not sure I could afford to join the
insanity here in depth! Indeed, I stopped reading Cruise Critic
precisely because the Liberty cruise turned the entire forum into a
mess. Too many people trying to impress RCI. I would even go further
to say that some who aren't and won't ever be among these RC's were as
bad and worse than anything. People were dressing-up old cruise
reviews, going way over the top with the superlatives. I don't recall
anybody among the RTC crowd being among the posts I would single out
as bad examples. This forum, by its nature, tends to be the rebel
among the others. It can be a rough crowd here, but in that, it does
tend to be fair.

Personally I can't link you to any specific examples. And I have not
spent a massive amount of time going back to read-up on the Cruise
Critic posts. I would considering doing so a waste. What I know is
what I recall reading on the commercial sites two years ago. In the
online chats I'm having with people who read this group, and the
others, the tendency of people to continue over-the-top posts
continues. Most don't have anything to do with any free cruise RCI
provided, but the jealous types and other unhappy campers know there
is another round of Royal Champion events coming, and they feel the
people who were on the cruises are either being paid, or having future
perks dangled in return for something. No such agreement exists, but
then that is getting back to the debate.

Curiously, I'm reading over HH's comments, and maybe I missed
something, but I don't see name calling or attacks, nor do I get why
the attacks on HH are underway.

What would be constructive might be to discuss in what ways and at
what times somebody ought to note they have been on a Royal Champion
trip. Does it have to be only for cruises offered as part of that
program, or do all cruises after that have to be denoted as being
discussed by a person who has been invited to be an RC?

NWLB
************************************************** ************
LOOK, a PLUG! --- www.RoyalCaribbeanFan.com
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mar 13, 9:51*am, NWLB wrote:
[...]

Why dont you just shut up with your long boring posts?
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:52:27 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

Understandable that there will always be a few that will prostitute
themselves for the most minor of personal gains.

Give Ray Googleburg a break.

LOL
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:26:56 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

So if I pay you $5,000 to say nice things about me, you're willing to
do it?

Hell, no.

Add a hotdog, we got a deal.
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:26:56 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

´Would you sleep with me for one pound?ˇ Churchill then asked.
´Of course not, what kind of woman do you think I am?ˇ the woman
responded indignantly.

Pound of diamonds and I'm on my back.

LOL
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 06:51:40 -0700 (PDT), NWLB wrote:

My comments on this topic speak about the entire online community,
ranging from Cruise Critic, Cruise Mates, Cruise Addicts, Cruise
Crazies, RTC, and some more obscure locations online. To be honest,
and speaking in good humor, I'm not sure I could afford to join the
insanity here in depth!

Actually, most of the people here are pretty damn shallow.
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 03:01:16 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

D Ball wrote:

hh, Unlike cowards and trolls, all of the RTC "Royal Champions" post
using their real name and put their personal character on the line
each and every time they post.

Claiming that I'm anonymous is factually wrong (hint: try "WHOIS")

Nice mantas, Hugh.
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:50:36 -0700 (PDT), NWLB wrote:

So do you have any constructive point to make, question that you are
burning to ask?

Are you cute? I like cute.
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:41:16 -0400, Tom K wrote:

You're reply to a troll (probably Chrissy)...

--Tom

LOL

AllTrolls=me

Now go troll Sisker, Tommie.
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:11:11 -0500, George Leppla wrote:

Another FWIW - In my opinion, anonymous posts like these are little more
than cyber-graffiti. I never did understand why people are afraid to sign
their posts... unless they are ashamed or embarrassed about something.
There is defiantly a lack of social skills involved.

Well, Goerge, some people don't like to associate themselves with poor
spelllling and improper word usages. LOL

Some people post from work and it's required. Some from countries that
filter and censor.

Some people post from countries that read every email, listen in on
every phone call, capture every bit of electronic data and , in the
process, keep a near eternal history of your online and a great deal of
your offline commo.

Like in the US.
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7