Western Caribbean Excursion Ideas

Old December 31st, 2003, 01:56 AM
C. Talbot

Default Western Caribbean Excursion Ideas

Here are the plans, advice and comments appreciated:

Grand Cayman - half day excursion with Captain Marvin Stingray Sandbar Tour

Costa Maya - nothing yet. Is there good snorkling near the port or should
we book an excursion. If so, any recommendations? What are the best things
to do there?

Cozumel - nothing booked but we thought we would taxi to Chanunkaaub
National Park for a beach day and some snorkling. Is the snorkling ok there
or would we do better to book a snorkling excursion?

Belize - Cave tubing with Reggie.

My wife and I have two kids, aged 17 and 18 that will be with us. I expect
my daughter and wife will likely want to spend some time shopping. Of the
above stops, which would be best for that? My son and I are pretty much
content to snorkle every day.

thanks

Curt

Old December 31st, 2003, 02:56 AM

htmlpWas in Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel at Thanksgiving.p
Cozumel would be my pick for a shopping spree.pSnorkelling is
excellent at Chanunkaaub National Park, although we have also gone with
a snorkelling tour vendor on the pier which was really good and
convenient. pAs far as Costa Maya, it would be best to take the
snorkelling excursion offered by the cruiseline so that you can make
your way out to a reef. pWe went cave tubing with Reggie and had a
really great time and had lots of fun.pHave a great trip.pBL7

Old December 31st, 2003, 04:05 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

C. Talbot wrote:

Here are the plans, advice and comments appreciated:

Grand Cayman - half day excursion with Captain Marvin Stingray Sandbar Tour

Costa Maya - nothing yet. Is there good snorkling near the port or should
we book an excursion. If so, any recommendations? What are the best things
to do there?

Cozumel - nothing booked but we thought we would taxi to Chanunkaaub
National Park for a beach day and some snorkling. Is the snorkling ok there
or would we do better to book a snorkling excursion?

Belize - Cave tubing with Reggie.

My wife and I have two kids, aged 17 and 18 that will be with us. I expect
my daughter and wife will likely want to spend some time shopping. Of the
above stops, which would be best for that? My son and I are pretty much
content to snorkle every day.

I haven't been to Costa Maya yet, but you seem to know the best things
to do in all the other ports. Cozumel is the best for shopping and there
are even things there that you and your son would like. Grand Cayman
tends to be expensive for shopping, but their rum cakes are a must.
There are also two shops for Black Coral jewelry, Mr. Passman who is
well known around the world, also very expensive, but worth looking at.
The other Black Coral shop is Mr. Richards, across the street from the
pier and upstairs. Mr Richards learnt his trade from Passman and has a
lot of more reasonably priced pcs of jewelry.

sue

Old December 31st, 2003, 01:51 PM
Pete

There is snorkeling just off the ship to the right as you get off the pier,
if you want to save a few pennies, you can snorkel there, go to the ship for
lunch and go back again plus you are near the large pool and shops on the
left side of the pier

Pete

Old December 31st, 2003, 09:45 PM
Tom and Wendy

If you arrive in Cozumel early in the morning you can rent scooters and
spend a couple of hours taking a ride around the south side of the
island. Lots of deserted white beaches with beautiful waves crashing in.
Early in the morning you will be virtually the only humans on this part
of the island. You can stop and walk on a couple of the beaches, maybe
have a beer at one of the little bars that are just opening for the day
and still be back in town in time to go snorkelling at Chankanaab, which
is exactly what we did.

Tom Hudson