BA Silver exec club card holder query

Old October 1st, 2003, 01:04 PM
Jason Hobbs King

Default BA Silver exec club card holder query

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 01:51:57 +0100, "MC"
wrote:

As a silver member I realise I can check-in at a BA BC desk if I were flying
BA but what is the situation about checking in at the BC desk with Air
Lingus or am I not allowed. If I were to book with BA can we both check-in
at the BC desk even though one of us is not even a member.

I understand I can invite him, as my guest, into the BA BC lounge if I were
travelling with BA but what would the situation be if we are travelling Air
Lingus (One World partner). Can we use the BA lounge and if not will my
Silver membership allow the use of the Air Lingus lounge?

Suggest you have a read of the "Silver" section at
http://www.oneworld.com/satellite/sa...fm?teamcode=ba

"As a Silver member, you will also be entitled to the following
benefits when flying on oneworld alliance airlines:
-Access (with one guest) to more than 200 airline lounges across the
oneworld network, including Business Class & Frequent Flyer lounges
regardless of the class you are flying that day
-Priority check-in at Business Class desks, regardless of the class
you are flying that day"

Strictly speaking only you are entitled to check-in at the Business
desk, but in my (somewhat limited) experience with BA and QF, when
travelling with someone else check-in staff are accommodating and use
their common sense.

When I've checked in at the Business or First desks with BA and QF,
the staff have been happy for my wife to check-in with me when
travelling together, despite me being the only one with the status to
do so.

Cheers,

Jason.
Old October 1st, 2003, 04:04 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Jason Hobbs King wrote:

Suggest you have a read of the "Silver" section at
http://www.oneworld.com/satellite/sa...fm?teamcode=ba

Should be Sapphire. BA Silver = OW Sapphire (Gold=Emerald, no BA status
equivalent to OW Ruby)

"As a Silver member, you will also be entitled to the following
benefits when flying on oneworld alliance airlines:
-Access (with one guest) to more than 200 airline lounges across the
oneworld network, including Business Class & Frequent Flyer lounges
regardless of the class you are flying that day
-Priority check-in at Business Class desks, regardless of the class
you are flying that day"

Strictly speaking only you are entitled to check-in at the Business
desk, but in my (somewhat limited) experience with BA and QF, when
travelling with someone else check-in staff are accommodating and use
their common sense.

You can use FC checkin when there's no BC checkin (mainly for American
Airlines)

Old October 1st, 2003, 05:24 PM
Jason Hobbs King

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:04:17 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article ,
Jason Hobbs King wrote:

Suggest you have a read of the "Silver" section at
http://www.oneworld.com/satellite/sa...fm?teamcode=ba

Should be Sapphire. BA Silver = OW Sapphire (Gold=Emerald, no BA status
equivalent to OW Ruby)

Yes, but you need to click on the 'Silver' link to get to the
Sapphire information!

On the subject of OW Ruby, anyone have any ideas why BA don't 'offer'
it, when other OW airlines (Qantas for example) do?

Cheers,

Jason.
Old October 1st, 2003, 06:48 PM
mrtravel

Not the Karl Orff wrote:

In article ,
Jason Hobbs King wrote:

Suggest you have a read of the "Silver" section at
http://www.oneworld.com/satellite/sa...fm?teamcode=ba

Should be Sapphire. BA Silver = OW Sapphire (Gold=Emerald, no BA status
equivalent to OW Ruby)

The link he pointed to says "silver" as the option, as it is a link for
BA members

Old October 1st, 2003, 06:55 PM
mrtravel

Jason Hobbs King wrote:

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:04:17 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article ,
Jason Hobbs King wrote:

Suggest you have a read of the "Silver" section at
http://www.oneworld.com/satellite/sa...fm?teamcode=ba

Should be Sapphire. BA Silver = OW Sapphire (Gold=Emerald, no BA status
equivalent to OW Ruby)

Yes, but you need to click on the 'Silver' link to get to the
Sapphire information!

On the subject of OW Ruby, anyone have any ideas why BA don't 'offer'
it, when other OW airlines (Qantas for example) do?

BA only has two elite tiers, so they can only match to two tiers of OW.
AA has 3 elite tiers, so they can match all of them.

Old October 3rd, 2003, 12:00 AM
mrtravel

Highflier wrote:

Incorrect. BA actually has three elite tiers.

Silver, Gold and Premier.

Perhaps they don't want people to find out.
Here's the weblink
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...g/public/en_us

Old October 3rd, 2003, 02:51 AM
Dave Proctor

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:43:50 +0100, Highflier
wrote:

BA only has two elite tiers, so they can only match to two tiers of OW.

Incorrect. BA actually has three elite tiers.

Silver, Gold and Premier.

Premier is not something generally available.

In that case, QF has four elite levels - Silver, Gold, Platinum and
Chairman's Lounge.

Dave