'No frills' hotel opens in London massage therapy UK health

Old September 24th, 2005, 07:43 PM
massagelondon

Default 'No frills' hotel opens in London massage therapy UK health

EasyJet founder Stelios Haji-Ioannou opened his first "no-frills"
easyHotel on Monday.

Prices start from £20 for one of the 34 rooms at Lexham Gardens in
Earls Court, west London.

Rooms are tiny - but all are en suite and have even air conditioning.
However only 3 of them have windows.

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
-------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

Old September 25th, 2005, 06:46 PM
johnsmith

Is there a website for the hotel yet? Do you know if its booked solid
for the next few weeks or etc?

I dont know about anyone else but I hope this is successful. All I
need is a bed and some privacy!

Old September 25th, 2005, 06:51 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

www.easyhotel.com

Do you know if its booked solid
for the next few weeks or etc?

It certainly seems busy but I saw a few free nights over the next few
weeks.

I dont know about anyone else but I hope this is successful. All I
need is a bed and some privacy!

I'd be interested if it was quiet, as that's often a problem in hotel
rooms in large cities, I find. I wonder if this isn't just a
refurbishment of what used to be called the Lexham Hotel (and maybe
renamed since) which I stayed in a few times in the late 80?

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
photos at http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer
Old September 25th, 2005, 06:55 PM
johnsmith

Hmm they're completely booked for the dates Ill be there =( Its off
the original topic, but can you recommend another low cost hotel in
London?

I know what you mean about the noise. I just bring earplugs anytime Im
staying in a hotel!

Old September 25th, 2005, 08:13 PM

johnsmith wrote:
Hmm they're completely booked for the dates Ill be there =( Its off
the original topic, but can you recommend another low cost hotel in
London?

I know what you mean about the noise. I just bring earplugs anytime Im
staying in a hotel!

unless you're in Paris, then you bring your fire extinguisher.

Old September 25th, 2005, 08:49 PM

johnsmith wrote:

Hmm they're completely booked for the dates Ill be there =( Its off
the original topic, but can you recommend another low cost hotel in
London?

What's the budget, and where do you need to be? I'm afraid I haven't
stayed in really low cost hotels in London for a while. On recent trips,
I've used Travelodge and Ibis. I prefer the latter, but they don't
always have such good advance deals.

Old September 26th, 2005, 08:34 AM
johnsmith

The budget is as low as possible, 50-70 euro a night if possible or
lower. I dont mind a shared bathroom. I'll be there alone and won't
need anything more from the hotel than a single bed (and hopefully not
the fire extinguisher!), but Id prefer a single room instead of a
shared room. Id like to be within 10 or 15 minutes walk from a tube
station.

Let me know if you have good recommendations, thanks in advance.

Old September 26th, 2005, 08:53 AM

johnsmith wrote:

The budget is as low as possible, 50-70 euro a night if possible or
lower. I dont mind a shared bathroom. I'll be there alone and won't
need anything more from the hotel than a single bed (and hopefully not
the fire extinguisher!), but Id prefer a single room instead of a
shared room. Id like to be within 10 or 15 minutes walk from a tube
station.

You might want to check out accor's Formule 1 chain.
http://www.hotelformule1.com/

The one in Barking is around 10 minutes walk from Barking Train/Tube
station, but that really is quite far from the centre of London- I
reckon it's more trouble than it's worth. Still, it's 32 UKP, around 47
Euro.

As has been mentioned in the group before, Travelodge can have some very
good deals if you book in advance. I'm seeing 26 pound _double_ roooms
at the London Islington hotel in November, for example.
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

If you can get the 26 pound rate, you probably won't get better than
that, and even their 46 pound rate is very good. Their hotels are fairly
central too. I've stayed at the Islington hotel for example, and walked
to the West End in around 15-20 minutes.

Old September 26th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Timothy Kroesen

If you're traveling alone I think you should consider a hostel; I
generally found private rooms a rather lonely experience. May before
last I stayed at a London hostel and had a Four person room (ensuite) to
myself Three of Five nights anyway. Spend the money saved doing things
during the day IMO...

Tim K

oups.com...

Old September 26th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Ian F.

"johnsmith" wrote in message
oups.com...

The budget is as low as possible, 50-70 euro a night if possible or
lower. I

Try www.regentpalacehotel.co.uk - slap bang in Piccadilly Circus!

Ian