Best Cruise Prices????

Old May 24th, 2007, 03:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Best Cruise Prices????

Hi all

My family is looking at cruising the Mexican Rivera with Princess.
Normally we book with a local travel agent. Was doing a little
research, as to prices on the internet and came across a site called
Best Cruise Prices. Their prices seem to less than what I am finding
at the Princess website and that is the price I can get from my travel
agent. In addition we also get a $25 shipboard (that is in addition to
credit that Princes will give me). Just wondering if anyone has has
had any experience with this site.

Thanks
Michael

Old May 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

The web site is legitimate - I booked the last three cruises with them & all
went well. I found that there prices were the best around although I still
check them against all the other web sites. Use you credit card to make
payment so you get the protection in case something goes wrong. I also
bought my trip insurance with CSA travel insurance.
http://www.bestpricecruises.com/
http://www.csatravelprotection.com/

ups.com...

Old May 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all

My family is looking at cruising the Mexican Rivera with Princess.
Normally we book with a local travel agent. Was doing a little
research, as to prices on the internet and came across a site called
Best Cruise Prices. Their prices seem to less than what I am finding
at the Princess website and that is the price I can get from my travel
agent. In addition we also get a $25 shipboard (that is in addition to
credit that Princes will give me). Just wondering if anyone has has
had any experience with this site.

Thanks
Michael

I.m booked on the Dawn in the Fall. I'm seeing balcony BF categories
going for as little as $629, BA balcony for $699. Shop around, the
deals are there.

Pete

Old May 25th, 2007, 02:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Thanks I will consider them when we decide to book our cruise. If my
math is right I guessing that I would be able to save around $400 with
them for the room we are looking at.

Michael

bought my trip insurance with CSA travel insurance.http://www.bestpricecruises.com/http...rotection.com/

Old May 25th, 2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On May 24, 9:11 pm, " wrote:
Thanks I will consider them when we decide to book our cruise. If my
math is right I guessing that I would be able to save around $400 with
them for the room we are looking at.

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples, of course.

I've found that once port charges etc were added in, many "discount"
sites were the same price as going straight to Princess.

It's like comparing airfares... some sites leave off fees, taxes, you
name it ;-)

Cheers, Kev

Old May 25th, 2007, 12:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 24, 9:11 pm, " wrote:
Thanks I will consider them when we decide to book our cruise. If my
math is right I guessing that I would be able to save around $400 with
them for the room we are looking at.

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples, of course.

I've found that once port charges etc were added in, many "discount"
sites were the same price as going straight to Princess.

It's like comparing airfares... some sites leave off fees, taxes, you
name it ;-)

Cheers, Kev

Yea, that sounds like to much of a savings to be true. Either the travel
agent was trying to make a big profit or the category of the room was
different. It's to much of a difference. Either way, you can trust Best
Cruise Prices to give you a fair price for what you'll get.

Old May 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On May 23, 10:36 pm, " wrote:
Hi all

My family is looking at cruising the Mexican Rivera with Princess.
Normally we book with a local travel agent. Was doing a little
research, as to prices on the internet and came across a site called
Best Cruise Prices. Their prices seem to less than what I am finding
at the Princess website and that is the price I can get from my travel
agent. In addition we also get a $25 shipboard (that is in addition to
credit that Princes will give me). Just wondering if anyone has has
had any experience with this site.

The biggest differences in cruise prices is not so much who ... but
when ... a TA's commission is only 15 % ... most of the cruiselines
now are not allowing advertisements for anything other than the
offering price which includes the 15 % commission ... When making the
deal ... some are allowed to cut prices ... (some do this even if not
allowed) ... taking that cut from their commission ...
The large price breaks occur when a cruiseline sees that they are
below their sales versus days to departure curve ... then they'll
discount to attempt to sell out ...
The site you mention is legitimate and as good as any but you may not
be getting the deal you think as either some fees are not included in
the price ... different categories are being compared ... or they
advertised a new cruiseline deal in a timely manner ... while the
other is working off old information ...

Old May 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ike

A major cruise line executive told me that cabins are often sold
at an average price that achieves break-even, including cost of
amortizing the cost of the vessel and operating it. Profit comes
from the high-margin embellishments and concessions, including
drinks, gambling, spa, art "auctions", extra services, etc.

A cabin that is heavily discounted or even free might be more
profitable than an empty one.

He also said that every ship is comprised of two entities - the
host (the vessel itself) and the hotel (the resort that the
guest sees). An interesting viewpoint...

Ike
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Ike wrote:

A cabin that is heavily discounted or even free might be more
profitable than an empty one.

That's possible, if the person who got the deep discount figures
they got such a great deal that they're willing to spend like
crazy onboard.

Bill
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article , Bill
wrote:

Ike wrote:

A cabin that is heavily discounted or even free might be more
profitable than an empty one.

That's possible, if the person who got the deep discount figures
they got such a great deal that they're willing to spend like
crazy onboard.

Bill

There are fairly substantial fixed costs attached to a room.
Staffing isn't all that flexible, the costs associated with building and
financing the ship stay the same no matter how many are on board, etc.,
etc, etc. So any way they can get some contribution to that fixed cost
they are better off than if it sailed empty.