Question regarding current state of London Tube

Old March 20th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Richard

Default Question regarding current state of London Tube

I have read that all the car restrictions have really slowed things
down on the tube. Is this true? I have always enjoyed the tube (very
efficient, clean and easy to use) but I havent been there since 2002.

Should I expect to notice a difference?

Richard
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:32 AM
freeda

I have read that all the car restrictions have really slowed things
down on the tube. Is this true? I have always enjoyed the tube (very
efficient, clean and easy to use) but I havent been there since 2002.

Should I expect to notice a difference?

'car restrictions'? please elaborate and I may be answer your question.
Oh.. the tube is still hot, smelly, crowded, overpriced and filthy as
ever...

Old March 20th, 2004, 10:49 AM
The Reid

Following up to Richard

I have read that all the car restrictions

The congestion charge, you mean?

have really slowed things
down on the tube. Is this true?

I don't think so, people rarely take cars on the tube :-)

I have always enjoyed the tube (very
efficient, clean and easy to use) but I havent been there since 2002.

clean?

Should I expect to notice a difference?

I think you will find it the same as 2002.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old March 20th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Hatunen

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:49:26 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

Following up to Richard

I have read that all the car restrictions

The congestion charge, you mean?

have really slowed things
down on the tube. Is this true?

I don't think so, people rarely take cars on the tube :-)

Silly answer: people may take the Tube isnteaed of their cars,
upping tube usage. Whether this would "slow down" the Tube
depends, I suppose, on what it means.

Old March 20th, 2004, 05:40 PM
P J Wallace

? The trains run as they run. Having fewer cars on the road in central
London isn't going to affect that. Rush-hour crowding may be a bit
worse, but the main impact has been on bus usage, in which there has
been a massive investment to cope anyway.

Up to date info on services is on www.tfl.gov.uk

Old March 21st, 2004, 04:22 AM
Richard

clean?

Should I expect to notice a difference?

I think you will find it the same as 2002.

I found the tube very clean and an absolute pleasure to use.
Especially when compared to the New York, Chicago or Paris trains. Its
no contest.

Richard
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:23 AM
BrianE

'car restrictions'? please elaborate and I may be answer your question.
Oh.. the tube is still hot, smelly, crowded, overpriced and filthy as
ever...

No its not, crowded, but neither filthy nor overpriced.

Old March 21st, 2004, 12:01 PM
Thomas Peel

Richard schrieb:

clean?

Should I expect to notice a difference?

I think you will find it the same as 2002.

I found the tube very clean and an absolute pleasure to use.
Especially when compared to the New York, Chicago or Paris trains. Its
no contest.

Richard

Agreed. I hadn't been to London in several years, I was amazed how clean
the tube trains are.
Old March 21st, 2004, 06:33 PM
Miguel Cruz

BrianE wrote:
No its not, crowded, but neither filthy nor overpriced.

Is there a more expensive city train system on the planet? (and, for that
money, one with less useful hours of operation)?

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old March 21st, 2004, 07:08 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
news
BrianE wrote:
No its not, crowded, but neither filthy nor overpriced.

Is there a more expensive city train system on the planet? (and, for that
money, one with less useful hours of operation)?

Que ?

The Underground runs from 5AM to after Midnight. As inconvenient
as it may seem its considered better to do maintenance in the
wee small hours than during the day.

Keith