Plane mishap

Old December 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Plane mishap

Was wondering how a restricted passenger got on a plane with the makings
of an explosive. hey made my husband remove his belt because the
buckle kept stopping him from going thru security. guess you have to be
a terrorist to make a flight without security. nothing like being
politicaly correct

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old December 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jack Hamilton
wrote:

In any case, plane travel is about to become more unpleasant than it
already was. Can't use any kind of electronic gadget on international
flights. Can't read, listen to an iPod equivalent, or go to the
bathroom during the last hour of a flight.

That sucks. I am not sure I could fly under those conditions. The
bathroom part in particular.

--
Charles
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

That sucks. I am not sure I could fly under those conditions. The
bathroom part in particular.

The real fun will be when flight operations turns the last hour into an
indeterminate time in hold.

I was on a flight from JFL to LAX a few years back. A woman tried to go to
the toilet and was told sit down we're on final approach. So we had our long
usual bouncy approach into LAX from the south. On landing the woman tried
again and was told to sit down we were on an active taxiway. Next the
airplane moved out to a taxiway and stopped. It seems a screening device was
found to be unplugged and LAX was evacuated - all the boarding ramps were
occupied by now empty aircraft. They had to start the screening all over
after a search. This poor woman sat there being told we're on an active
taxiway. When they finally got an empty gate and we docked she shot up from
the seat and made a run for the toilet that would have made a proffesional
athlete feel proud.

I've had similar experiences when we sat on the taxiway at JFK for 3 1/2
hours wating for the Thunderstorms to clear. In one case we actually moved
back and forth as the weather man predicted take-offs would soon start in a
particular direction.

You gotta love this - they keep serving water and juice so you don't get
dehydrated - then deny use of the toilet.

Maybe it's time for a partner to the air sickness bag in the seat back
pouch, and go on low residue food like the Apollo astronauts for the day
before the flight. Travel used to be fun and common sense existed - but
that was many many years ago.

Old December 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Jack Hamilton
wrote:

In any case, plane travel is about to become more unpleasant than it
already was. Can't use any kind of electronic gadget on international
flights. Can't read, listen to an iPod equivalent, or go to the
bathroom during the last hour of a flight.

That sucks. I am not sure I could fly under those conditions. The
bathroom part in particular.

The report I heard wasn't clear, is the no bathroom, nothing on your
lap, nothing to read, no electronics etc on "all" flights or only on
international flights?

Will be bad enough sitting with nothing to do, but not using the
bathrooms could be a huge problem. Maybe we all need to wear depends to
fly.

sue
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

The report I heard wasn't clear, is the no bathroom, nothing on your
lap, nothing to read, no electronics etc on "all" flights or only on
international flights?

Will be bad enough sitting with nothing to do, but not using the
bathrooms could be a huge problem. Maybe we all need to wear depends to
fly.

It appears for now that it is international flights. However those and
other measures might be applied randomly to other flights.

--
Charles
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Sue Mullen wrote:

Charles wrote:
In article , Jack Hamilton
wrote:

In any case, plane travel is about to become more unpleasant than it
already was. Can't use any kind of electronic gadget on international
flights. Can't read, listen to an iPod equivalent, or go to the
bathroom during the last hour of a flight.

That sucks. I am not sure I could fly under those conditions. The
bathroom part in particular.

The report I heard wasn't clear, is the no bathroom, nothing on your
lap, nothing to read, no electronics etc on "all" flights or only on
international flights?

Will be bad enough sitting with nothing to do, but not using the
bathrooms could be a huge problem. Maybe we all need to wear depends to
fly.

sue

That's why we're driving up to Seattle for our Alaska cruise in June. I
could be very happy if I never had to fly again.

Marcia
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Political correctness is they cannot weed out any one kind of person
that might look like a terrorist, And also they are stopping you from
having anything on your lap during flights,no blankets allowed,and they
are even talking about stopping you from having a carry on.
I guess we will have to stop flying. Can see where they
will start losing a lot of cash.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old December 27th, 2009, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

SUE:
On the news they stated all flights will have the same restrictions, If
they stop you from having a carry on,where will you put your
valuables,medications etc.that you will need on a trip.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old December 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Marcia R.
wrote:

That's why we're driving up to Seattle for our Alaska cruise in June. I
could be very happy if I never had to fly again.

People giving up flying is a victory for the terrorists. But I don't
blame people for giving it up. It has become very unpleasant. Some
airports are suggesting people arrive three hours early. And it is not
just the security. Most airlines suck too. Pay extra for checked bags.
Cram you onto the plane. No food anymore. Not even snacks.

--
Charles