Plane mishap

Old December 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Plane mishap

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

Will be bad enough sitting with nothing to do, but not using the
bathrooms could be a huge problem. Maybe we all need to wear depends to
fly.

On the international flights I have been on the last few years it is
the bathroom thing that would be a problem. You were probably jesting
but you know, a lot of people people might have to do that.....wear
depends.

The not reading or using your iPod or other electronic device might not
be as bad as it sounds on international flights since on all the
international flights have been on the last few years, there was an
entertainment system with a screen on the seat back in front where one
could select movies or other entertainment. Virgin Atlantic had 150
movies to choose from.

--
Charles
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

Political correctness is they cannot weed out any one kind of person
that might look like a terrorist,

A terrorist can look like anyone.

--
Charles
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

" are even talking about stopping you from having a carry on.

Let's analyze the logic of carry on:

1) When they loose my luggage I'll have something to wear for the next few
days until they might find it. People just plain don't trust the airline to
get them and their luggage to the same plane. On one of our cruises we were
home 5 days by the time Lufthasa delivered our bags. Luckily it was on the
honebound leg. On another it took forever to get our luggage in Europe - the
baggage delivery system was all blocked up by stuff that should have been in
Scotland - we were in Copenhagen. Maybe they should have to take me to the
local men's store then and there and buy instant replacements, could help to
build responsibility.

2) If I check my cameras or any other expensive device like a laptop. it'll
be sold on the street before we leave the ground.

3) If my Laptop or camera does make it into the cargo hold it will emerge
smashed and unusable.

4) We carry toiletries on carry on so they don't get smashed and spilled all
over our cloths. Not to mention trying to replace spray deodorant in France
some years back. (It's in the perfume counter at the department store).

So now we'll end up in some foreign city with the cloths we're wearing, some
cash and our credit cards.

I've been using the Amtrak Acella to Washington from NYC for business -
cheaper and a really better experience. At the end of 2008, we took Amtrak
to New Orlens - got a sleeper, a bit pricy but a really plesant experience
as opposed to putting up with JFK or LGA.

Old December 27th, 2009, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

The report I heard wasn't clear, is the no bathroom, nothing on your
lap, nothing to read, no electronics etc on "all" flights or only on
international flights?

Will be bad enough sitting with nothing to do, but not using the
bathrooms could be a huge problem. Maybe we all need to wear depends to
fly.

It appears for now that it is international flights. However those and
other measures might be applied randomly to other flights.

Thanks, just about what I thought. Flying is getting to be harder and
harder now.

sue
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Marcia R. wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

Charles wrote:
In article , Jack Hamilton
wrote:

In any case, plane travel is about to become more unpleasant than it
already was. Can't use any kind of electronic gadget on international
flights. Can't read, listen to an iPod equivalent, or go to the
bathroom during the last hour of a flight.

That sucks. I am not sure I could fly under those conditions. The
bathroom part in particular.

The report I heard wasn't clear, is the no bathroom, nothing on your
lap, nothing to read, no electronics etc on "all" flights or only on
international flights?

Will be bad enough sitting with nothing to do, but not using the
bathrooms could be a huge problem. Maybe we all need to wear depends
to fly.

sue

That's why we're driving up to Seattle for our Alaska cruise in June. I
could be very happy if I never had to fly again.

We will be flying from NJ to Tampa in Jan. and there is no way we can
drive there. We are also talking about visiting our son in Portland,
Oregon in the spring, way too far to drive.

sue
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Surfer E2468 wrote:
SUE:
On the news they stated all flights will have the same restrictions, If
they stop you from having a carry on,where will you put your
valuables,medications etc.that you will need on a trip.

I haven't heard anything about not allowing a carry on yet. If it does
happen, I cancel my cruise from Tampa and rebook one from NY or NJ.

sue
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

" entertainment system with a screen on the seat back in front where one
could select movies or other entertainment. Virgin Atlantic had 150

The the person in front of you reclines the seat so far back you can't move
and would need eyeballs in you belly button to see the little screen. Maybe
the seats weren't designed to be that close?

Old December 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

The harder it gets to fly,the higher the cruise lines charge for leaving
from a port near your home you can drive to,and they are upping the cost
of parking at the ports. Last time we cruised out of baltimore they were
charging $10 a day for parking,now it is $17
With the new restrictions on airlines they will start charging a lot
more.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old December 27th, 2009, 10:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

"Val Kraut" wrote:

The the person in front of you reclines the seat so far back you can't
move
and would need eyeballs in you belly button to see the little screen.
Maybe
the seats weren't designed to be that close?

The screen pivots so that is not a problem on VA. Even in the cheap
seats.

--
Charles
Old December 27th, 2009, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Charles wrote:
In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

Political correctness is they cannot weed out any one kind of person
that might look like a terrorist,

A terrorist can look like anyone.

True, they can, but they usually don't.