Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

Old November 15th, 2010, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

Default Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:26:09 -0500, "Val Kraut" wrote:

On the side I think the Cruise Line saying they didn't serve the Spam, like
it was unacceptable, should result in the Commander of Naval Operations
sending a picture to the Carnival CEO of himself in full uniform standing

I think the US sailors would have been very happy to see the Spam leaving their ship!

Old November 15th, 2010, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

You are making a mountain out of a
mole hill. Give it up...Carnival does not owe any apologies to you or
anyone else for something that they did not deliberately cause...They have
already apologized profusely to the passengers involved by word and
action.

No I'm not - it's their ship that failed - and then then they want to
distance themselves from, and criticize the aid that was offered and
provided. They appologized to the passengers. But to the folks that made a
maximum effort to help them - this comment on spam was a definite slap in
the face - you delivered stuff high class folks like our passengers don't
eat. So next time let them starve,

Val Kraut

Old November 15th, 2010, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"Val Kraut" wrote:

You are making a mountain out of a
mole hill. Give it up...Carnival does not owe any apologies to you or
anyone else for something that they did not deliberately cause...They have
already apologized profusely to the passengers involved by word and
action.

No I'm not - it's their ship that failed - and then then they want to
distance themselves from, and criticize the aid that was offered and
provided. They appologized to the passengers. But to the folks that made a
maximum effort to help them - this comment on spam was a definite slap in
the face - you delivered stuff high class folks like our passengers don't
eat. So next time let them starve,

If anything it was a slap in the face of their provisioner (and
Hormel) since Carnival's contractor was the one that put the stuff on
the boat. The Navy was only the delivery person.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Val Kraut
wrote:

No it's not a bit much - they were on the ropes and called for help and then
criticized what the help delivered because it didn't fit what they think
their image is - so next time help yourself. Make a nice T-Shirt - I'd
rather starve on Carnival than eat Spam!

They did not criticize what was delivered. The media made a big deal
about what was delivered. They only corrected the reports that
passengers were fed spam with the fact that they were not.

As far as Carnival's image. I have read dozens of first hand reports
from passengers who were onboard the Splendor during the incident and
pretty much they report that the response of the crew onboard was
awesome and they were happy with the response of Carnival with refunds
for the sailing, a future cruise, hotels in San Diego and paying for
and arranging transportation home. My image of Carnival after reading
what the passengers affected had to say has gone up.

--
Charles
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

As far as Carnival's image. I have read dozens of first hand reports
from passengers who were onboard the Splendor during the incident and
pretty much they report that the response of the crew onboard was
awesome and they were happy with the response of Carnival with refunds
for the sailing, a future cruise, hotels in San Diego and paying for
and arranging transportation home. My image of Carnival after reading
what the passengers affected had to say has gone up.

I couldn't give two hoots about what Carnival did on board - this was their
job. My complaint is critizing the aid provided by those who responded to a
Carnival problem.

Val Kraut

Old November 15th, 2010, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

ANSWERED INLINE:
"Val Kraut" wrote in message
No I'm not - it's their ship that failed -

Remember that if the brakes on your car fail and you cause an accident..it
was your car! ;-)

and then then they want to distance themselves from,

I didn't see them distancing themselves....

and criticize the aid that was offered and

Explaining what happened is not criticizing.

provided. They appologized to the passengers. But to the folks that made a
maximum effort to help them - this comment on spam was a definite slap in
the face -

I did not see it that way at all...they thanked all who came to their aid.
What is wrong with Spam, anyway? I remember it quite well during WWII days.
Just because they explained that they did not have to use the Spam does not
mean they were demeaning it. Maybe they had enough of other food...it was
the beginning of their voyage...maybe it came too late and they did not need
to use it...You are being so judgemental...were you there that you know
exactly what transpired?

you delivered stuff high class folks like our passengers don't
eat. So next time let them starve,

You really need to calm down and stop making such ridiculous accusations.

--Jean

Old November 15th, 2010, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

" I think the US sailors would have been very happy to see the Spam leaving
their ship!

Probably true - but stuff they would have eaten themselves should not be
criticized in a public medium. These are guys putting their lives on the
line for America.

Val Kraut

Old November 15th, 2010, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Val Kraut wrote:
My complaint is critizing the aid provided by those who
responded to a
Carnival problem.

Val Kraut

Which they did NOT do. Don't know why you can't grasp that.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101114-1, 11/14/2010
Tested on: 11/14/2010 9:14:35 PM

Old November 15th, 2010, 02:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Val Kraut
wrote:

I couldn't give two hoots about what Carnival did on board - this was their
job. My complaint is critizing the aid provided by those who responded to a
Carnival problem.

You snipped the first paragraph of my reply apparently because it did
not fit with your unfounded and unproven notion that they criticized
the aid. That was not honorable of you.

--
Charles
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

" You snipped the first paragraph of my reply apparently because it did
not fit with your unfounded and unproven notion that they criticized
the aid. That was not honorable of you.

No I snipped the first paragraphs to save bandwidth - something others
should do. When you deliver aid to those in need and the recipient says I
wouldn't serve that to my guests - that is disrespect!

Val Kraut