Who Will Stand Up for the Kids

Old September 23rd, 2003, 12:10 PM
Howard Garland

Default Who Will Stand Up for the Kids

The amount of kid bashing that appears on this board is truly saddening.
Aren't there any of you, who like me, enjoy seeing some children on
cruise ships? Or are you all really that OLD?

Howard - who thinks it's about time to speak out on behalf of the children.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 12:35 PM
Helen

I was thinking that same thing. Kids are our future so why is everyone
bashing them?
My daughter is 9 and will be 10 when we go on our cruise in March (her first
one).
I can remember in Feb on our anniversary cruise seeing alot of ADULTS who
were drunk and loud. The kids weren't half as loud as the drunks. Kinda
made me sick watching adults act worse then the kids.

And unruly kids, yes there are some, however it is lack of supervision and
discipline that makes them that way. Maybe their parents should take a
parenting class. But I don't fault the kids.

--
Helen
http://home.comcast.net/~hkolln66

Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:09 PM
Howard Garland

Thanks Helen. Actually, a little unruliness is a healthy thing for
kids, as well as adults.

Howard

Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:24 PM
Rich Cacace

It's not the out-of-control kids so much as the parents who either don't
care what their kids do on vacation or are so use to the yelling & screaming
that they don't even hear it any longer. Sure kids are entitled to a
vacation, but not at my expense. I returned from a cruise where there were
about 8 or so in the Solarium each day playing their game of Marco-Polo in
the pool - Don't tell me that that's not annoying to sit there trying to
read while listening to their yelling for over an hour at a time. I know,
there only kids having fun but why should everyone else have to suffer just
so they can enjoy themselves?

Old September 23rd, 2003, 02:34 PM
culater

I have taken my 2 children on 8 of our 13 cruises. I keep a close eye on my
children at all times. Not that I think they will miss behave, but because
of all the sicko's out there in this world. I have yet once to correct my
kids while traveling. The children that get out of hand on a cruise is the
result of their parents being to busy drinking and indulging themselves in
many different ways. There are a lot of pigs out there, it just seems they
come out more while on a cruise. It's a shame that PARENTS, not the kids,
take into consideration that there are other people traveling with them,
trying to have a good time also. Yes some kids no matter what are going to
be bad, they should be left at home, once again PARENTS need to do that. But
yet still these people will bring their kids and think it's alright to do
anything they want because THEY paid for this vacation, and who cares about
anyone else. So stop blaming the kids and start blaming the PARENTS, they
are the ones raising these kids and they are the ones allowing the kids to
act the way they do while on vacation. Kids will be kids. We were all once
kids or did you forget????

Old September 23rd, 2003, 02:35 PM
SNUMBER6

From: Howard Garland

The amount of kid bashing that appears on this board is truly saddening.
Aren't there any of you, who like me, enjoy seeing some children on
cruise ships? Or are you all really that OLD?

We had 5 kids ranging in age now from 17 - 29 ... and deeply involved in all
our kids activities ... luckily slowing down now ... but then the grandkids
activities keep us busy now also ... So I am no kid basher ...

Vacations throughout were mostly limited to kid friendly areas ... where they
could be kids in their own environment and NOT be pains to others ... They also
were taught that when in a more cerebreal or relaxed or cultural area ...(Some
things had to be for mom and dad ...) their behavior had to be mature ...and
they learned to be just as at home at McDonalds or 4 Seasons ... they know they
have to act differently ...
We've taken some of our kids on cruises and they knew this was not the time to
be rowdy or childish ... They realized that this was more of an adult type
vacation ...with most of the activities adult oriented ... and made sure not to
disturb adults around them ...
They had their areas and the adults had theirs ...
that said ... I won't cruise where there are many children on board ... because
....though half or more of them are no doubt like my kids ... respectful of
adults and understanding where they are ... there are always enough who feel
that the world revolves around them ... and they can do what they want ...
where they want .. and when they want without regard to others ...
and their parents leave them unsupervised ...
Because of kids like them ... a lot of people classify all kids that way ...
and even take offense when kids are doing normal kid things ...in areas where
they can be kids ...
they're over reacting definitely ... but i can understand them ... no doubt
being understandably disturbed on many occasions before ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old September 23rd, 2003, 02:46 PM
Rich Cacace

So what you're saying is I should have to find a more expensive ship line to
avoid the kids - such as Radisson or Seabourn. I don't feel that I should
have to spend more in order to avoid the kids screaming & carrying on in the
pool. As much as I dislike more restrictions, perhaps it's time for another
"rule" keeping kids out of the solarium all together.

"jcoulter" wrote in message
6.16...
there is a correct ship for everyone, looks like you haven't found yours
yet ;-) Have you tried the next level?