San Juan suggestions prior to cruise

Old November 8th, 2003, 11:38 PM
RRaabe

Default San Juan suggestions prior to cruise

We will have two days at the Normandie hotel on the ocean prior to our
cruise on the Carnival Jubilee January 17th and would like some suggestions
of what to do/see in San Juan. I understand the old castle is a must see,
but what other activities/sights might be worth considering?
Thanks
Romeo Raabe in Green Bay

Old November 10th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Juliana L Holm

If you are interested in the Rainforest, El Yunque (a US National Park) then one
of these days is the day to do it. It's wonderful, but too far from San Juan
to do on a short Cruise stop, but doable on a day trip.

You can stop at the beach at Luquillo on the way back.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old November 10th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Wolfgang Petrusch

How about a tour of the Bacardi Rum factory. They have tours which
start every 20-30 minutes. And while you wait for a tour, or even
after the tour you can sample their products at their hospitality
"tent".

I found it very interesting and have learned a lot. Not the least
among it being the fact, that after you sampled their products in the
shade, you better watch out when you get back into the sun. That fact
really hit me like a hammer.
Lesson learned: "While in the Caribbean, only drink rum (or rum based
long drinks) after sun set!"

Wolfgang Petrusch
www.deluxevoyages.com