Transport from Parramatta to Gold Coast

Old May 15th, 2004, 10:47 AM
civicesi

Default Transport from Parramatta to Gold Coast

Hello Everyone, my family and I (5people) will be vacationing in Australia.
Would anyone know what is the best ie. cheapest, value for money for all of
us to go from Parramatta to Gold Coast. I have check with Virgin Blue
website and they charge AU$179 for one adult which would come close to
AU$900 for all of us. I would appreciate if someone in the know to direct
me to some transport link. Thanks

Old May 15th, 2004, 11:53 AM
A Mate

Virgin Blue's current fare (for the next day or so only!!) is $49 per person
per segment!! You won't beat that.

Fares fluctuate from day to day - overall bus is cheapest:

http://www.Mccaffertys.com.au

Good Luck

Old May 15th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Alan

On Sat, 15 May 2004 17:47:52 +0800, "civicesi"
wrote:

Hello Everyone, my family and I (5people) will be vacationing in Australia.
Would anyone know what is the best ie. cheapest, value for money for all of
us to go from Parramatta to Gold Coast. I have check with Virgin Blue
website and they charge AU$179 for one adult which would come close to
AU$900 for all of us. I would appreciate if someone in the know to direct
me to some transport link. Thanks

A Ford Falcon through Hertz, one-way Sydney to Brisbane would cost about
$480 for a week:
https://www.hertz.com/gaq/index.jsp?...rQuotePage.jsp

Virgin (www.virginblue.com.au) varies from $89 to about $139 if you are
careful about which flight you select. Similarly, Jetstar
(www.jetstar.com.au) varies from $109 to $139 depending on timing, most
about $119.

As the other poster said, they can be much cheaper if you watch for
internet specials.

And, of course, bus is cheapest, but it's a bloody long way in a bus. I
wouldn't do it if you are over 22.

Train is $115.00 economy for us locals, but for international passport
holders the East Coast discovery pass, which allows you breaks in the
journey en-route, is $93.50 (http://www.countrylink.info/, click on
"Travel Passes). Note that the Murwillumbah line is no longer
available, but the Sydney-Brisbane line is still operational, although
it is a "night train". If you want to travel in daylight to see the
countryside, take the Sydney-Grafton train, stay in Coffs Harbour or
Grafton district for a night or two, then continue to Brisbane.

Actually, if you had the time I would take the train and break the
journey, probably at Newcastle (beaches, Hunter Valley wine tours), any
coastal village like Urunga, then at Coffs or Grafton for the beaches at
Woolgoolga, Yamba, Angourie etc.

But that's just my bias:-)
Hope that helps,

Cheers, Alan
Old May 15th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Peter Webb

"civicesi" wrote in message
Hello Everyone, my family and I (5people) will be vacationing in

Australia.
Would anyone know what is the best ie. cheapest, value for money for all

of
us to go from Parramatta to Gold Coast. I have check with Virgin Blue
website and they charge AU$179 for one adult which would come close to
AU$900 for all of us. I would appreciate if someone in the know to direct
me to some transport link. Thanks

If you have the time, think about hiring a car. You take to coast road (the
Pacific Hwy). I have done it door to door in 10.5 hours (straight through),
but particularly if you have children you will want to stop overnight, maybe
in Coffs Harbour (7 hours from Syd, 4 hours from Gold Coast). Interesting
little towns right up the coast - even if you don't stop, there's kitschy
things like the Giant Prawn (about 10 metres high) in Ballina to see. Coffs
has heaps of cheapish motels, in the off-season (outside school holidays)
you should be able to get OK rooms for $50 - $60 or two connected rooms with
single bathroom for $80 - $100, so not an expensive diversion to see a NSW
coastal town as well.

Enjoy Dreamworld