Southwest allowing reservations only through March 31, 2006

Old December 6th, 2005, 07:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Southwest allowing reservations only through March 31, 2006

I was hoping to book tickets from TUS to SEA in May on Southwest.com
but only can book tickets before March 31, 2006. Is this normal for
SW.

Jeremy

Old December 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping to book tickets from TUS to SEA in May on Southwest.com
but only can book tickets before March 31, 2006. Is this normal for
SW.

I thought since Southwest was on in Travelocity, Orbitz, etc, the only
source for Southwest schedules would be from Ultimate Traffic.
Where are you find Southwest schedules, other than from Ultimate
Traffic.

Jeremy

Old December 12th, 2005, 05:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Charles Newman wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I was hoping to book tickets from TUS to SEA in May on Southwest.com
but only can book tickets before March 31, 2006. Is this normal for
SW.

I thought since Southwest was on in Travelocity, Orbitz, etc, the only
source for Southwest schedules would be from Ultimate Traffic.
Where are you find Southwest schedules, other than from Ultimate
Traffic.

Perhaps on the Southwest web site?

Jeremy

Old December 13th, 2005, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.air

When did WN ever start publishing their schedules online?

Ages ago. See
http://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/retrieveSchedule

For the most comprehensive worldwide schedules,

[ yet another commercial deleted here ]
Old December 21st, 2005, 10:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Southwest is now booking through June 9. I've found (at least from
MDW) that Southwest is very cheap, and better yet has a rewards program
that actually builds up free flights quickly.

The worst thing is the cattle call to board. Although online check in
gives you group A most times, it's still a wait in line to ensure seat
of choice (more important when traveling with kids too old to pre-board
or in need of overhead bin space).

Old December 24th, 2005, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air

On 23 Dec 2005 14:05:18 -0800, "Cool Whip"
wrote:

But how is this different from any other airline? People crowd around
the gate area waiting for their group or row numbers to be called, then
they make a mad dash for the gate.

At least with SWA, people are already in line, and the lines move
pretty smoothly.

I, honestly, don't see much od a differance.

They aren't standing up waiting an hour before the flight which can
happen at Southwest.

Old December 24th, 2005, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Some of the die hards do it, but lately I've noticed that people put
their carry-on in line and then go & sit down until the flight arrives.

Old December 24th, 2005, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air

In article , Brian
wrote:

They aren't standing up waiting an hour before the flight which can
happen at Southwest.

And I laugh at those who do, particularly with an "A" boarding pass.
If you have an "A," you WILL get the type of seat (aisle, window,
middle) that you want, even if you're in the very back of the line.
1/3 of the passengers get an "A." 1/3 of the seats are aisle, 1/3
middle, 1/3 window. Further, some of those people will want to sit
together.

If you have an "A," sit down and relax until it's boarding time. B or
C? That's a different matter. But hey, I check in online 24 hours
ahead of the flight, and I'm all but guaranteed the "A" group anyway.
Let the internet work for you. :-)