Chicago Loop Hotels

Old August 11th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Dennis Marks

Default Chicago Loop Hotels

I'm looking for recommendations for low priced hotels in the Chicago Loop
area. I will be traveling by train and will stay for 3 nights. Most of my
time will be spent shopping in the loop and going to museums. Please don't
just Google for me as I can do that myself. I would like to know about
actual experience at a hotel. By low price I mean under $125 per night
including all taxes.

Old August 11th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Claim Guy

"Dennis Marks" wrote in message
I'm looking for recommendations for low priced hotels in the Chicago Loop
area. I will be traveling by train and will stay for 3 nights. Most of my
time will be spent shopping in the loop and going to museums. Please don't
just Google for me as I can do that myself. I would like to know about
actual experience at a hotel. By low price I mean under $125 per night
including all taxes.

You do know that most of the good shopping in Chicago is not around the
Loop, right?

Oh, and trust me, most people in here, wouldn't do the Googling for you.
That's kind of defeating the purpose of even bringing up the word "Google"
don't you think?

Old August 11th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Stephen Clark

"Dennis Marks" wrote in message
I'm looking for recommendations for low priced hotels in the Chicago Loop
area. I will be traveling by train and will stay for 3 nights. Most of my
time will be spent shopping in the loop and going to museums. Please don't
just Google for me as I can do that myself. I would like to know about
actual experience at a hotel. By low price I mean under $125 per night
including all taxes.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

See what's on offer at www.priceline.com (or co.uk) or www.hotwire.com in
your price range.

Old August 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM
harry palmer

"Dennis Marks" wrote in message
I'm looking for recommendations for low priced hotels in the Chicago Loop
area. I will be traveling by train and will stay for 3 nights. Most of my
time will be spent shopping in the loop and going to museums. Please don't
just Google for me as I can do that myself. I would like to know about
actual experience at a hotel. By low price I mean under $125 per night
including all taxes.

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Don't stay in the loop it'll be expensive. Any hotel within 3 miles Madison
and Wabash is ok. The El ( elevated railroad) is excellent and easy to
figure out. Most of the museums ( field , shedd, adler ) are clustered on
the museum campus that has a free shuttle. The Sci and ind museum is easily
reachable by bus. I'd stay outside the loop say the Days inn north of
Michigan ave ( can't tell you which one) they'll know it overlooks the lake
and lincoln park. That's an easy 15 minute walk straight to shopping or 2
minute bus ride. Remember to get a pass for the El and buses.

hope you have a good stay in our city. Check out Twin anchors if you like
ribs and Mortons if you like steak. The Sears tower obeservation deck is
great and you can have drinks on the 96th floor of the hancock and a meal on
the 95th floor. I'd have the meal just before sunset and drinks watching it.

Old August 12th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Tom or Mary

I have stayed on Diversity which you can reach on bus 151 which stops in
front of Union Station. I stayed at a Days Inn on Diversity. It is easy
connections to downtown. There is a good night life in the area, and you can
walk to most places. Walking to downtown from there is nice because you can
walk through Lincoln Park, stop at the zoo or walk along the beach.

Tom

Old August 12th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Dan

These ought to be close enough and should be under $125 per night:
1) Club Quarters (someone I know just mentioned this to me a couple of
days ago, although she might have had a corporate rate or something - I
don't actually remember where the hotel is with respect to the Loop),
2) Travelodge (just south of the Loop, I seem to recall),
3) Motel 6 (about 1/2 a mile north of the Loop, again as I recall from
memory).

I used to live in the South Loop area and never really paid a whole lot
of attention to hotels in the area or what they charge for a room, so
forgive me if I'm totally off on the locations and prices of these
hotels. By the way, with regards to other recommendations for staying
outside of the Loop, since leaving Chicago, I've had better luck there
than anywhere else in the US when using Priceline - the most I ever
paid was $70/night for a duplex suite in the Tremont (probably the best
deal I ever got through Priceline) and the lowest I paid was $40/night
for a Hyatt (I think it was a Hyatt) way up in the Northbrook area
(probably too far out of the way for you). I would guess that you'd be
able to find something farily central for a $60-$75 per night bid.
It's just something to consider.
:-Dan

Old August 18th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Gary L. Dare

Evanston, IL (home of Northwestern University) is
connected to Chicago via El train (express at rush
hours) and if you're staying the weekend, the Hotel
Orrington and the Hilton Garden Inn may have deals.

You may want to investigate bed-and-breakfast options
in "downtown" Chicago, preferably River North, Gold
Coast, Old Town, Lincoln Park, if you want to be
closer in.

When are you visiting Chicago? September through
mid-November is (supposedly) the low season and
one can get weekend rates at your target price
from the Sheraton, Marriott, Courtyard, maybe
Le Meridien. Check their web sites with your
dates.

gld