GGC22005 Announcement!

Old January 9th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Lloyd Parsons

Default GGC22005 Announcement!

In article , CupCaked
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

In article , CupCaked
wrote:

Gee, is THAT the kind of folks who go on GGCs???

Well, it IS made up of rtcers so I guess THAT kind of folks is what
hangs here... ;-)

Just my train of thought on this: I wonder how many actual regular
posters to this ng go on GGCs as opposed to outsiders, family of
posters, friends of posters, people who enjoy the group rates, etc?
Could be that rtcers aren't so prevalent on GGCs anymore.

Just wondering.

While there certainly are family members and friends of rtc folk that
go on the GGCs, I think that the majority is still rtc people.

It is a little skewed because many of the rtc people don't post here
much any more because of the nature of some posters. I don't think
that you would disagree that it is a bit more confrontational here now
than it used to be.

But watch this space, assuming the GGC2005 committee and I can agree on
some things, I plan on doing things a bit different to see if we can
broaden the scope of those that go. Might work, might not -- we'll
know in a bit....

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000
GGC2002 Carnival Sensation
GGC2003 Golden Princess
GGC2004 Radiance of the Seas
GLC2005 Celebrity Millenium
Old January 9th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

But watch this space, assuming the GGC2005 committee and I can agree on
some things, I plan on doing things a bit different to see if we can
broaden the scope of those that go. Might work, might not -- we'll
know in a bit....

Congrats on your new job, I wish you lots of luck with the planning.

sue

Old January 9th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Gregory C. Read

I suspect that there have always been more non-rtc folk then rtc folk on all
GGC's. Usually only one spouse/partner is part of rtc, and then adding other
friends and family would put the majority as non-rtc people.

--
Greg
lid

Old January 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
JBDarmo

"Joe Keenan" wrote in message
I'm very pleased to announce that Lloyd Parsons has accepted the
position of Chairman for the GGC2005 Organizing Committee. Lloyd has
been provided with the contact information for everyone who responded to
my postings looking for volunteers for the committee.

Lloyd can be reached at .

Best wishes to Lloyd and everyone else involved in the GGC2005. Sue and
I hope that our luck is better next year, and we'll be able to attend
the GGC again.

Joe Keenan
GGC2004 Chairman

Congrats Lloyd! I just know that you will do a great job. We have had to
miss the last 2. Maybe we will be able to go
in 2005!

Joe---Mariner in Feb.

Old January 9th, 2004, 01:51 PM
WolfpackFan

Congratulations Lloyd. I'll be especially interested in seeing how this
GC develops as there is a chance we might could go on this one (if I can
convince my wife to take off some time from her school).

Old January 9th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Cruising Chrissy

I wish you the best of luck and one whole hell of a lot better TAs.

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 02:35:56 GMT, Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

Just to set the record straight,

I've never really understood this cliche, Was the record crooked, bent
or twisted in the first place?

I've been on 2 GGC's and this will be
my 3rd. Two different TA's and they both did a great job.

How would you rate the Berlins to date? The attendance is down from a
high of 400 plus to a new low of 100. They have made a circus of the
GGC Yahoo group which is a shame since SUNSETbern has been run off
there (too) and now has no place to go.

They have even developed their own, personal troll, Freddyup and have
been combative right here on RTC.

What is your eval of them to date, Navy?

From reading the previous GGC's were as good which speaks well for
those TA's.

Maybe you only read the good b/c only the good was posted. Most people
don;t have the whizzamacallits to post negative.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old January 9th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 01:57:37 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

congratulations, Lloyd! Wishing you the best in getting GGC22005 off the
ground. If anyone can handle people who are not up to any good, it's
you~you can give back what you get and then some! I mean that in a confident
and good way!
Good Luck!

Parsons is hired b/c he can put up with the miscreants !!!!!!!! Is a
GCC so full of unhappy, unshiny pax that you need a "bouncer" type to
"handle the people" ??????????? I ask that in a confident and good
way!!!!!!!!!!!!
What say, O'Boil???????????????????

Old January 9th, 2004, 02:30 PM
BSaad107

In our group of 6 ....I am the only one who reads r.t.c. Greg could be very
much right on this one! This is our second GGC together. We can't wait until
Jan.24th to arrive for the GGC2204 precruise activities to meet & great
everyone again. Don't forget the orphanage donations!
Bonnie......

Subject: GGC22005 Announcement!

Old January 9th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 04:32:36 GMT, Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

While there certainly are family members and friends of rtc folk that
go on the GGCs, I think that the majority is still rtc people.

Take a look.

http://tinyurl.com/2cspd

I would disagree. The stated objective of the GGC is to bring together
readers of RTC. That's a lot of lurkers, maybe so.

http://www.ggc2004.com/faq.php

Truth is, you guys need to update the FAQ since it is not in touch
with reality.

It is a little skewed because many of the rtc people don't post here
much any more because of the nature of some posters.

You know this for a fact? You have the polls, the data?

I don't think
that you would disagree that it is a bit more confrontational here now
than it used to be.

Since when? We did the ! Free For 43 ! Thread over a year ago. RTC has
been confrontational from the get go certainly well before I arrived.

http://tinyurl.com/28pcy

But watch this space, assuming the GGC22005 committee and I can agree on
some things, I plan on doing things a bit different to see if we can
broaden the scope of those that go. Might work, might not -- we'll
know in a bit....

Good luck. Something needs to change if you want better attendance.

Old January 9th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Lloyd Parsons

wrote:

Just to set the record straight,

I've never really understood this cliche, Was the record crooked, bent
or twisted in the first place?

I've been on 2 GGC's and this will be
my 3rd. Two different TA's and they both did a great job.

How would you rate the Berlins to date? The attendance is down from a
high of 400 plus to a new low of 100. They have made a circus of the
GGC Yahoo group which is a shame since SUNSETbern has been run off
there (too) and now has no place to go.

The Berlins delivered exactly what was contracted for on the last GGC
and there is no reason to expect anything less this year.

I think the numbers are a good indication of a few things. One is the
sameness of the GGCs, always in January, always Caribbean. I think
that some change might improve the attendance.

If it doesn't, it will be an indication that the GGC has run its
course. I don't think so, but we'll see.

As to Sunny, she has not been run off the Yahoo group, in fact I saw a
new posting by her this morning. Some here don't like Sunny, some
don't like you and some don't like me -- big whoop!

They have even developed their own, personal troll, Freddyup and have
been combative right here on RTC.

Trolls are trolls, I've had my share in the past. The only way they
can hurt you is if you decide to let them. I never have.

What is your eval of them to date, Navy?

Some things could have been done differently, but bottom line the GGC
will be as good as it always is, I suspect and regardless of your
opinions and inuendos.

From reading the previous GGC's were as good which speaks well for
those TA's.

Maybe you only read the good b/c only the good was posted. Most people
don;t have the whizzamacallits to post negative.

Bull****! People will post negative all over the place. This group is
certainly no exception unless you have a reading comprehension problem.
there has been many negative threads on all sorts of subjects. I've
never seen this group as a whole, be very shy about expressing their
feelings.