Carnival companies auto-tipping Question

Old March 31st, 2004, 07:48 PM
Bill Lawrence123

Default Carnival companies auto-tipping Question

Missionary?

Missy Chrissy Troll.

While Clint calls his wife a "cow" you prove yourself to be a classless pig.
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:56 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 03:13:42 GMT, Odysseus wrote:

My guess is that if you give Cunard enough business and complain enough
they will take the charge off your bill. If you booked a suite for the
world cruise every year and say you will never cruise with Cunard again
unless they remove that charge from your bill, I think they will remove it.

Hi,

I am sure you are correct. I would not like to be that person after
you did it the first time. I am sure the crew would make sure that
was your last world cruise. ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old April 1st, 2004, 07:51 PM
Zegarskis

From: Odysseus

My Guess ... is that they would indeed remove the charges for that type of
customer. However, I also guess that someone willling to shell out that kind
of money, year after year, is not going to be worried about the amount of
gratuities included on their on-board account.

Ray

Wishing light winds and smooth seas to all
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:37 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:20:49 GMT, Odysseus wrote:

I would think that the staff would
prefer to get their tips in cash since there is no record of it.

Hi,

I and other agents have discussed this before with crew. It has been
reported here on r.t.cruises by some of the regulars that the crew
said they preferred this system. All of the ones that I have spoken
prefer the system where the company collects from all of the
passengers. I am sure there may be some who don't but this is the
current system.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:51 PM
Sheilasmithwick

I know Carnival will remove them. I have done that on 2 cruises.

They will remove them, but they sure put up a struggle. Even if you tell them
you just want to do it yourself. My love affair with Carnival was really
tested on my last cruise. I will go back, but after a few cruises with someone
else.

Sheila----------------thinking Princess