Ban Dolphin Encouter Programs?

Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:24 AM
Sumyunguy

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article im1Oe.54092$084.37325@attbi_s22, Sumyunguy
wrote:

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all
of
them free too?

Dogs are domesticated. Dolphins are wild animals. Big difference.

--
Charles

Dogs can become wild just as I suspect dolphins can become domestucated.
There is no difference.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:25 AM
Sumyunguy

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
Thus spake "Sumyunguy" :

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all of
them free too?

Dogs are domesticated animals.

Now cats I'm not so sure about.

The Gorilla at the zoo. Is he domesticated? Do you feel he should be set
free too?

Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:27 AM
Sumyunguy

"villa deauville" wrote in message
There is no comparison of a fenced in dog v a free dolphin.
Under the circumstances you refer to it could cover a prison full of
criminals fenced in . Wanna let 'em out?

SUNNY

Your logic is flawed. Criminals are sentient human beings that have chosen
to act like animals. The day I see an animal act like a sentient human
being will be the day we agree on this topic.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:55 AM
Charles

In article dP9Oe.297068$xm3.267889@attbi_s21, Sumyunguy
wrote:

Dogs can become wild just as I suspect dolphins can become domestucated.
There is no difference.

There is a difference. Dogs have been domesticated. Dolphins have not.
It does not matter what you suspect. What matters is reality, the
facts.

--
Charles
Old August 22nd, 2005, 03:01 AM
Jimbo

I feel sorry for the family of the girl and the tiger.
The stupid ones are the girl and the handlers ofthe tiger. Too bad the
tiger didn'e go after the handlers too.
All for a damn pic with a tiger. DUH!!!
JDR

Old August 22nd, 2005, 03:09 AM
Sumyunguy

d...
wrote:

Dogs can become wild just as I suspect dolphins can become domestucated.
There is no difference.

There is a difference. Dogs have been domesticated. Dolphins have not.
It does not matter what you suspect. What matters is reality, the
facts.

--
Charles

I beg to differ. The dolphins I swam with were quit domesticated. That's
reality, and that's a fact. You know, the real difference between us is
that you consider animals to be equal to humans, whereas I consider animals
to be animals. Isn't that really the case here? You can admit it. I won't
bite you, I'm a human, not an animal.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 03:25 AM
Charles

In article VtaOe.297118$xm3.171554@attbi_s21, Sumyunguy
wrote:

I beg to differ. The dolphins I swam with were quit domesticated. That's
reality, and that's a fact. You know, the real difference between us is
that you consider animals to be equal to humans, whereas I consider animals
to be animals. Isn't that really the case here? You can admit it. I won't
bite you, I'm a human, not an animal.

No. I don't consider animals to be equal to humans. The difference
between us is that you don't have a clue as to what domestication
means.

--
Charles
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:00 AM
Sumyunguy

d...
wrote:

I beg to differ. The dolphins I swam with were quit domesticated. That's
reality, and that's a fact. You know, the real difference between us is
that you consider animals to be equal to humans, whereas I consider
animals
to be animals. Isn't that really the case here? You can admit it. I
won't
bite you, I'm a human, not an animal.

No. I don't consider animals to be equal to humans. The difference
between us is that you don't have a clue as to what domestication
means.

--
Charles

Phew! Is it getting hot in here or is it just me? This post, and the
former one, are seething with hostility. Perhaps I have shaken the
foundations of your beliefs concerning dolphins and now you are becoming
hostile towards me? Irregardless, I took your advice and looked up the word
Domesticated in the online Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Here is the result.

Main Entry: 1do·mes·ti·cate
Pronunciation: d&-'mes-ti-"kAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
1 : to bring into domestic use : ADOPT
2 : to adapt (an animal or plant) to life in intimate association with and
to the advantage of humans
3 : to make domestic : fit for domestic life
4 : to bring to the level of ordinary people
- do·mes·ti·ca·tion /-"mes-ti-'kA-sh&n/ noun

Looks to me like #1, 2, & 4 are pretty much in-line with what I've been
talking about. Maybe you were the one confused about the definition
perhaps?

Attached Images
File Type: gif audio.gif (109 Bytes, 53 views)
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:01 AM
Sumyunguy

"Jimbo" wrote in message
I feel sorry for the family of the girl and the tiger.
The stupid ones are the girl and the handlers ofthe tiger. Too bad the
tiger didn'e go after the handlers too.
All for a damn pic with a tiger. DUH!!!
JDR

Yes, a most unfortunate accident. But that's what happens when you forget
they are animals, and just an animal.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:10 AM
mrtravel

wrote:

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all of
them free too?

Dogs are domesticated. Dolphins are wild animals. Big difference.

Why can't dolphins be domesticated? Weren't dogs once wild animals?