TSA thought woman's back brace was a money belt

Old December 12th, 2011, 03:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Fly Guy

Default TSA thought woman's back brace was a money belt

I told you that airport security has morphed into a vast information
collecting system to keep track of the movements of US citizens and to
detect, monitor (and prevent - if not tax) the movement of wealth.

What do you think they're looking for when they dismantle your luggage
in the bowels of the airport?

What do you think they're looking for when they put your body through an
x-ray scanner?

What's on their mind?

"But I was just following orders" say the TSA goons...

TSA thought woman's back brace was a money belt

http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...ey-belt/249971

elderly woman who claims Transportation Security Agency (TSA) officers
strip-searched her an airport, the TSA issued a "clarification" about
their position on the incidents, claiming -- contrary to an earlier TSA
statement -- that the woman's back brace was removed because the
security personnel thought it was a "money belt."

"There was a bit of a miscommunication and our officers were told that
the passenger was wearing a money belt," explains a TSA blogger. "Unlike
medical braces and supports, money belts must be removed since they’re
not providing any type of medical benefit." Last week, the TSA blog
reported that the woman "told the officers that she was wearing a back
brace or support belt which required private screening."

In today's update, the TSA acknowledges that the security agents did not
return the brace to the woman immediately upon realizing that it was
not, in fact, a money belt. "Since the item had already been removed,
our officers had it X-rayed and returned it to the passenger who was
then clear to travel," the TSA says.

The TSA denied that any strip-search ever took place, adding that they
"truly regret that these passengers feel they had a bad screening
experience."
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
irwell

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:42:32 -0500, Fly Guy wrote:

The TSA denied that any strip-search ever took place, adding that they
"truly regret that these passengers feel they had a bad screening
experience."

Has anybody ever had a good screening experience?

Old December 13th, 2011, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Dec 12, 8:28*am, Irwell wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:42:32 -0500, Fly Guy wrote:

The TSA denied that any strip-search ever took place, adding that they
"truly regret that these passengers feel they had a bad screening
experience."

Has anybody ever had a good screening experience?

Well, I once opted out of the x-ray machine and requested a private
screening. When I acted as if I was enjoying the pat down, the
screener got very upset, threatented to permanently deny me boarding
on all future flights, and threatened to have me arrested. This TSA
agent obviously did not want me to have a good screening experience.