Q's about BA's "World Traveler Plus"

Old September 20th, 2003, 03:58 AM
DP

Default Q's about BA's "World Traveler Plus"

I'm thinking of paying for World Traveler Plus seats on a direct
flight from LAX to LHR, both for the extra comfort and so I can get
the triple air miles. A few questions:

Is the upgrade worth the extra $$$? Is the extra room enough to make a
long-legged person comfortable? (I'm a six-footer, and it's all
leg...)

Right now, with taxes, the flight I want, in that class, is just under
$1,000. Is that a good price, or should I hold out and hope the price
drops? My trip isn't until late November.

Thanks in advance...
Old September 20th, 2003, 04:30 AM
mrtravel

DP wrote:

I'm thinking of paying for World Traveler Plus seats on a direct
flight from LAX to LHR, both for the extra comfort and so I can get
the triple air miles. A few questions:

Is the upgrade worth the extra $$$? Is the extra room enough to make a
long-legged person comfortable? (I'm a six-footer, and it's all
leg...)

How much is the price difference for your flights?
Are you willing to spend this much for that much more space?

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Christopher

World Traveller Plus does give both extra legroom [sufficient for a 6
footer] and the perception of extra width plus some IFE goodies and a decent
legrest. I'm not sure that it's worth the extra that BA sometimes try to
charge but the triple miles would help.

With the armrest design, having an empty seat next to you would not help as
the Premium seat armrest is fixed - so if the aircraft was fairly empty in
economy you would be able to sleep horizontal by lifting the armrest.

"Whytoi" wrote in message
In article , Not
the Karl Orff wrote:

In article ,
(DP) wrote:

I'm thinking of paying for World Traveler Plus seats on a direct
flight from LAX to LHR, both for the extra comfort and so I can get
the triple air miles. A few questions:

Is the upgrade worth the extra $$$? Is the extra room enough to make a
long-legged person comfortable? (I'm a six-footer, and it's all
leg...)

Right now, with taxes, the flight I want, in that class, is just under
$1,000. Is that a good price, or should I hold out and hope the price
drops? My trip isn't until late November.

personally. I'd go on AA. BA's WT+ ain't that good but is only good
because WT is unimaginably horrible.

I am not sure about that. WT+ in a mid position b/n regular economy and
business. The seat is certain much nicer and has the space and
equipment eg. In-flight power socket, for work. I can't imagine how AA
(a N American airline) can be competitive with BA's offering.

Old September 21st, 2003, 03:05 PM
ramraideruk

"DP" wrote in message
I'm thinking of paying for World Traveler Plus seats on a direct
flight from LAX to LHR, both for the extra comfort and so I can get
the triple air miles. A few questions:

Is the upgrade worth the extra $$$? Is the extra room enough to make a
long-legged person comfortable? (I'm a six-footer, and it's all
leg...)

Right now, with taxes, the flight I want, in that class, is just under
$1,000. Is that a good price, or should I hold out and hope the price
drops? My trip isn't until late November.

Thanks in advance...

I just checked out the BA website. If you book it at www.ba.com it's about
$900. I've found it very difficult to find any consolidators that allow you
to book in premium economy though

Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:34 PM
Jason Hobbs King

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:05:56 +0100, "ramraideruk"
wrote:

"DP" wrote in message
m...
I'm thinking of paying for World Traveler Plus seats on a direct
flight from LAX to LHR, both for the extra comfort and so I can get
the triple air miles. A few questions:

I just checked out the BA website. If you book it at www.ba.com it's about
$900. I've found it very difficult to find any consolidators that allow you
to book in premium economy though

Noting that the the query was about an ex- LAX flight, there are
several consolidators in the UK that sell WT+, like Flight Centre and
Bridge the World to name a couple.

Have just booked a WT+ fare to Australia where one could "upgrade" for
GBP200 LHR-SIN and/or GBP150 SIN-MEL and vice versa.

Cheers,

Jason.
Old September 25th, 2003, 02:28 AM
DP

Thanks, everyone, for the replies. Sounds like there's no clear winner
in this race...so if I can swing the extra $$$ easily, I'll spring for
the extra legroom, but if not, I'll just hope I get an empty seat next
to me!

Jason Hobbs King wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:05:56 +0100, "ramraideruk"
wrote:

m...