crossing the border in Mexico, back to the US

Old November 28th, 2004, 01:25 PM
usviking

Default crossing the border in Mexico, back to the US

How much more has the US beefed up security for US citizens returning from
Mexico? Do they run warrant and background checks? Reason for question; I
was the victim of identity theft a few years ago, and wonder if the false
info (which I haven't been able to remove will be used against me upon
re-entry. I guess I'm simply asking if they run back ground checks? My
significant other and I + my 9mo old Zach have been planning this trip for
quite some time now. I'd hate to have to stay in Wisconsin during the
winter!

Old November 28th, 2004, 06:43 PM
intotheclear

It actually depends where you enter the US what sort of stuff you have
to do. But, the dont run background checks... I've been down to Nogales
severl times and they just check my ID and wave me on... At the border
also in Arizona, where many cross to go to Rocky Point, you dont have
to show anything... Its a free port or something, I've never been
stopped there once.

--
intotheclear
intotheclear's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=250

Old November 28th, 2004, 09:09 PM
S.Dunlap

"usviking" wrote in message alkabouttravelling.com...
How much more has the US beefed up security for US citizens returning from
Mexico? Do they run warrant and background checks? Reason for question; I
was the victim of identity theft a few years ago, and wonder if the false
info (which I haven't been able to remove will be used against me upon
re-entry. I guess I'm simply asking if they run back ground checks? My
significant other and I + my 9mo old Zach have been planning this trip for
quite some time now. I'd hate to have to stay in Wisconsin during the
winter!

I was a victim of identity theft and was in the process of having the
stuff removed when I re-entered the US. The person who stole my
identity used it to commit bank fraud and forgery as well. I returned
with no problems but I did have all the correspondence to all of the
companies that I was having problems with me when I returned and had a
confirmed appointment with the local law enforcement folks to deal
with the situation. I was out of the US when the identity theft
happened to me.

Sandi