Belfast Vs Dublin for tourists?

Old January 10th, 2005, 05:17 PM
EuroTravel

Default Belfast Vs Dublin for tourists?

From London, EasyJet flys to Belfast and RyanAir flys to Dublin.
We plan to take a 2 night trip to Ireland during our European trip this
summer.
Which city has more to do for tourists?
How is transportation between Belfast and Dublin in terms of cost,
speed and frequency?

Old January 10th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"EuroTravel" wrote:

From London, EasyJet flys to Belfast and RyanAir flys to Dublin.

We plan to take a 2 night trip to Ireland during our European trip this
summer.
Which city has more to do for tourists?

Dublin. Don't believe anybody who recommends Belfast over Dublin.

Good rail connection. Explore http://www.irishrail.ie/home/ .

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM
AJ

"EuroTravel" wrote in message
ups.com...
From London, EasyJet flys to Belfast and RyanAir flys to Dublin.

We plan to take a 2 night trip to Ireland during our European trip this
summer.
Which city has more to do for tourists?
How is transportation between Belfast and Dublin in terms of cost,
speed and frequency?

Im afraid I have to say Dublin, especially for a short stay.

Old January 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

"EuroTravel" wrote:

From London, EasyJet flys to Belfast and RyanAir flys to Dublin.

We plan to take a 2 night trip to Ireland during our European trip this
summer.
Which city has more to do for tourists?

Dublin. Don't believe anybody who recommends Belfast over Dublin.

Well, I was going to sit on my hands until you posted. Then, I was going
to add that, while I wouldn't normally make recommendations on places I
haven't visited, I would _definitely_ say- visit Dublin! I've visited
Belfast, on a two-night trip as it happens.

I would add that we had a lovely weekend there last August- beautiful
weather, and the trip up to the Antrim Coast was just gorgeous, and we
still talk about it. City to city though, Dublin. Even though I haven't
been there.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Gummo

"EuroTravel" wrote in message
ups.com...

Definitely Dublin - Belfast is miserable.

Gummo

Old January 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Miguel Cruz

EuroTravel wrote:
From London, EasyJet flys to Belfast and RyanAir flys to Dublin.
We plan to take a 2 night trip to Ireland during our European trip this
summer.
Which city has more to do for tourists?

Dublin has a lot more going on. Belfast is pretty subdued (to the point of
being depressing) most of the time, and not really all that picturesque.

How is transportation between Belfast and Dublin in terms of cost,
speed and frequency?

The train is decent (though sometimes quite crowded). You can read about it
he

http://www.translink.co.uk/enterpriseservices.asp

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu

Old January 10th, 2005, 09:20 PM
tim

"nitram" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:05:20 +0100, Magda
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:58:03 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, nitram
arranged
some electrons, so they looked like this :

... On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:12:37 +0000, Padraig Breathnach
... wrote:
... "EuroTravel" wrote:
... From London, EasyJet flys to Belfast and RyanAir flys to Dublin.
... We plan to take a 2 night trip to Ireland during our European trip
this
... summer.
... Which city has more to do for tourists?
... Dublin. Don't believe anybody who recommends Belfast over Dublin.
... or Bruges for a meal.

Or the Netherlands for its castles.

How can you say that?
You haven't seen them.

I have eaten in Bruges

so have I,

And I can second the non-recommendation

Except that it wasn't any better in Brussels. I've
marked down the whole of Flemish Belgium as being
poor value for resturant food.

tim

--
Martin

Old January 10th, 2005, 09:28 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

tim wrote:

[]
Except that it wasn't any better in Brussels. I've
marked down the whole of Flemish Belgium as being
poor value for resturant food.

I've never had a bad meal in Brussels. I once had an overpriced one,
though, but that's not the same thing- the food was very good.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net