flexible cheap flights

Old July 23rd, 2005, 07:58 PM
laura

Default flexible cheap flights

Hi,

I'm trying to find cheap flights from the US to the UK. I'm flying back
to see friends/family so my travel plans are very flexible with regards
to dates/times etc. I've looked at Priceline but it doesn't allow me to
have flexible dates - is there any website out there where I can get
cheaper tickets?

Laura

Old July 23rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Some Guy

laura wrote:

I'm trying to find cheap flights from the US to the UK.
is there any website out there where I can get
cheaper tickets?

Wait til the next bombing. Prices will most likely come down (if they
haven't already).
Old July 24th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Garner Miller

In article .com,
laura wrote:

I'm trying to find cheap flights from the US to the UK. I'm flying back
to see friends/family so my travel plans are very flexible with regards
to dates/times etc. I've looked at Priceline but it doesn't allow me to
have flexible dates - is there any website out there where I can get
cheaper tickets?

Travelocity http://www.travelocity.com/ offers this feature. Go to
the site, and use the "Flexible Dates" radio button right below the
cities. Just as an example, searching from now to the end of the year,
the cheapest fare it found for Boston to London was Icelandair for $223
roundtrip. That's a steal. From New York to London, $213 on Air
Canada.

Give it a shot!

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=
Old July 24th, 2005, 04:19 PM

The OP needs to decide whether she is (i) willing to travel on fixed
dates of travel when the fares are lowest, in which case the
travelocity search engine will be very helpful, or (ii) wants a ticket
that allows her to change her date of travel to fit in with her
relatives' changing plans, in this case she will soon discover that
flexibility costs, and there is really no way round this one.

The Icelandair ticket sounds a real steal! Does that still include the
smoked salmon buffet in the airport on the way? (The buffet alone
would be worth the price of the ticket!)