1cm difference.

Old August 22nd, 2006, 03:13 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Miss L. Toe

Default 1cm difference.

Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of handluggage 1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Old August 22nd, 2006, 08:53 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
George Max[_1_]

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:13:54 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of handluggage 1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Would the term "jobsworth" be the same as "prick?"
Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Eeyore[_1_]

"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of handluggage 1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Why can't they simply use the old advice to add up L W and H and let that go ?
It would be *easier* FFS !

Graham

Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:33 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Eeyore[_1_]

wrote:

Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of handluggage 1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Would the term "jobsworth" be the same as "prick?"

The government is behaving like a total ass over this and the sooner 'NuLab' go
the better IMHO. They've turned into the very things they once whined about.

Graham

Old August 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Miss L. Toe

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of handluggage

1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Bloody jobsworths wouldn't allow it !
They are causing more stress than the terrorists.
At this rate they will start being compared to the TSA.

P.S. LHR T4 this lunchtime was emptier than I have ever seen it before -
have people really stopped booking flights ?

Old August 28th, 2006, 12:04 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Pinot Grigio

Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of handluggage

1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Bloody jobsworths wouldn't allow it !
They are causing more stress than the terrorists.
At this rate they will start being compared to the TSA.

P.S. LHR T4 this lunchtime was emptier than I have ever seen it before -
have people really stopped booking flights ?

Our hand luggage is usually 2 rucksacks. Full up they would exceed the
limits but with the stuff they usually contain they easily squash into the
required limits. I am assuming they will be ok... or will we have a
problem?

Old August 28th, 2006, 12:29 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Miss L. Toe

"Pinot Grigio" Someone@somewhere wrote in message

Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of

handluggage
1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Bloody jobsworths wouldn't allow it !
They are causing more stress than the terrorists.
At this rate they will start being compared to the TSA.

P.S. LHR T4 this lunchtime was emptier than I have ever seen it before -
have people really stopped booking flights ?

Our hand luggage is usually 2 rucksacks. Full up they would exceed the
limits but with the stuff they usually contain they easily squash into the
required limits. I am assuming they will be ok... or will we have a
problem?

If you can squash it into the limits you should be fine.

Old August 28th, 2006, 02:29 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Kirans Cousin

Miss L. Toe wrote:

: Our hand luggage is usually 2 rucksacks. Full up they would exceed the
: limits but with the stuff they usually contain they easily squash into the
: required limits. I am assuming they will be ok... or will we have a
: problem?
:
:
: If you can squash it into the limits you should be fine.

That is just one reason I prefer a soft-sided carry on.
Old August 28th, 2006, 02:41 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Doug Weller

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:04:25 +0100, in rec.travel.air, Pinot Grigio wrote:

Has anyone had any experiance at LHR in the last few days of handluggage

1cm
bigger in one dimension than the new regulation size ?

Are 'they' being jobsworths ?

Bloody jobsworths wouldn't allow it !
They are causing more stress than the terrorists.
At this rate they will start being compared to the TSA.

P.S. LHR T4 this lunchtime was emptier than I have ever seen it before -
have people really stopped booking flights ?

Our hand luggage is usually 2 rucksacks. Full up they would exceed the
limits but with the stuff they usually contain they easily squash into the
required limits. I am assuming they will be ok... or will we have a
problem?

No more than 160cm thick? The new limit is pretty small.

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Old August 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Miss L. Toe

"Kirans Cousin" wrote in message
Miss L. Toe wrote:

: Our hand luggage is usually 2 rucksacks. Full up they would exceed

the
: limits but with the stuff they usually contain they easily squash into

the
: required limits. I am assuming they will be ok... or will we have a
: problem?
:
:
: If you can squash it into the limits you should be fine.

That is just one reason I prefer a soft-sided carry on.

Which isn't a great help when you are carrying a ton of books for someone
and you want something with wheels and you know you are at/over the checked
luggage allowance.