Question for TAs re Mexico Itineraries

Old March 31st, 2009, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
iuki

Default Question for TAs re Mexico Itineraries

I was curious if all the problems currently going on in Mexico have
affected cruises to Mexico.

Have you seen a decline in booking Mexican cruises and shore
excursions?

Thanks.

iuki

Old March 31st, 2009, 04:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:15:50 -0700 (PDT), iuki
wrote:

I was curious if all the problems currently going on in Mexico have
affected cruises to Mexico.

Have you seen a decline in booking Mexican cruises and shore
excursions?

Thanks.

iuki

Hi Iuki,

The answer to the above is no to all of your questions. I have seen
no declines at all nor have I had any questions regarding Mexico.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 31st, 2009, 06:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

"iuki" wrote in message
I was curious if all the problems currently going on in Mexico have
affected cruises to Mexico.

Have you seen a decline in booking Mexican cruises and shore
excursions?

Thanks.

iuki

iuki,

We certainly hear what you are saying in this regard. Naturally, being
situated here on the west coast, Mexico is hot market for us. Obviously,
right or wrong, the news media has scared a lot of people off from even
wanting to do any type of travel to Mexico right now. On the other hand,
some people are actually turning to a cruise, who would not consider it
before, instead of their usual trip down to Mexico on their own. While
indeed nothing is guaranteed, the very nature of cruising to Mexico, vs. any
other method, seems much more secure and safe to most travelers.

We are still booking quite a lot of Mexico cruises, but at the same time, we
obviously warn our clients to take some precautions. In other words, stick
to the more organized shore excursions. Don't blatantly go off on your own
strange and deserted places. And to help show others, that while one does
need to pay attention, they should not let fear and panic rule the day. In
fact, we just booked a Mexico cruise for ourselves to help put our money
were our mouth is. There is no point in telling others how to play it safe,
while doing so from a secure place in California.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old March 31st, 2009, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 3/30/2009 11:15 PM iuki "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
I was curious if all the problems currently going on in Mexico have
affected cruises to Mexico.

Have you seen a decline in booking Mexican cruises and shore
excursions?

Thanks.

iuki

What problems? Do you mean the pistachios? Not to worry. All of the
tainted ones were exported to distributors in the US.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake iuki :

I was curious if all the problems currently going on in Mexico have
affected cruises to Mexico.

Have you seen a decline in booking Mexican cruises and shore
excursions?

Thanks.

iuki

No problems. I've booked cruises and AIs to both the Riv Maya and Mex
Riv. But the requests for hotel type bookings has pretty much gone
away. And Ciuadad Mexico has totally evaporated.

"The Dangers of Spring Break" in the S. Padre/Mustand
Island/Corpus/Brownsville area was a non-event. But I personally
won't go much south of SA.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and Olympic Gold isn't the only
Gold I'm thinking of.

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and when I'm on Maui, Wowwie.

Old April 9th, 2009, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
iuki

Thanks to all.

There were so many warnings about tourists staying away from Mexico
with all the violence involving the drug cartels, that I was curious.

Dillon's response indicates the situation has affected those staying
at Mexico resorts rather than the cruising industry - and that makes a
lot of sense.

Thanks again.

iuki
Old April 17th, 2009, 04:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake iuki :

Thanks to all.

There were so many warnings about tourists staying away from Mexico
with all the violence involving the drug cartels, that I was curious.

Dillon's response indicates the situation has affected those staying
at Mexico resorts rather than the cruising industry - and that makes a
lot of sense.

Thanks again.

iuki

And, realistically, that's a perception, rather than a reality. Stay
away from the borders, don't deal with questionable people and you
should be safe. I'd be more worried about Ciuadad Mexico than Cancun.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th. US income taxes
are due on April 15th. Coincidence? I think not.