Mariner of the Seas: Photo Album

Old April 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Mariner of the Seas: Photo Album

Just what is facebook? I keep getting e-mails from someone on face
book,never heard of the name so i just keep discarding them with out
opening them.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Jeff" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:

Didn't we like send in a bunch of invasion troops to save the airport
runway or something like that?

--Tom
I believe it was to save American medical students at the iffy-offshore
medical school there on the island. A proud moment, as of course a
commie-Grenada was a tremendous threat to America's nutmeg supply!!!

Jeff

There was a bloody coup where the prime minister who controlled the
Grenadian Army seized military power and headed a hard-line Marxism
stance that caused violence, bloodshed and was a deep concern of the
other Caribbean Islands. Then Castro sent Cubans in to build a military
style airport. There were around 1000 medical students from the USA
attending the medical school in Grenada and there was concern about their
welfare.We visited the medical school while there and it is a very large
compound of white stucco buildings with red tile roofs. Quite scenic.
The Grenadian cab driver spoke very favorably about the Americans coming
in during that time and I found the Grenadians very gracious and pleasant
during our time there. The next time we visited, they had just been hit
severely by a hurricane and were rebuilding...The island took a very
serious hit from that storm and there was devastation everywhere you
looked..They are a resilient and hard working people.

Jeff, if you can fit it in your schedule, go scuba diving there...Michael
found the reefs beautiful and quite unspoiled when there in 2001.

Have a great cruise and Happy Easter! And please try to behave! ;-)

--Jean

Oh yes, going to try a little scuba diving on this trip and if I like it
when I get back I'm going to get certified and all! I can't imagine I
won't like it though!!!

Look for Facebook updates nearly daily!

Jeff

Not on Facebook....with all the weirdness going on, I've stayed off despite
numerous invitations of family and friends! ;-)

--Jean

Old April 12th, 2009, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

Look for Facebook updates nearly daily!

Jeff

I'd love to look for Facebook updates - my second daughter sent me an
invite and I find it quite amusing for seeing what my children and
grandchildren, nieces and cousins are getting up to. But for Jeff I
don't know where to look.

Old April 12th, 2009, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 4/11/2009 8:02 PM, Rosalie B. wrote:
"Jean wrote:

Look for Facebook updates nearly daily!

Jeff

I'd love to look for Facebook updates - my second daughter sent me an
invite and I find it quite amusing for seeing what my children and
grandchildren, nieces and cousins are getting up to. But for Jeff I
don't know where to look.

Maybe if you clicked on the link in the email invitations it
would be obvious?

Bill
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Jean wrote:

Look for Facebook updates nearly daily!

Jeff

I'd love to look for Facebook updates - my second daughter sent me an
invite and I find it quite amusing for seeing what my children and
grandchildren, nieces and cousins are getting up to. But for Jeff I
don't know where to look.

Maybe if you clicked on the link in the email invitations it
would be obvious?

I wasn't interested in the MOTS album so I never clicked on the link,
and I don't have that post anymore.
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Rosalie B. wrote:
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

Look for Facebook updates nearly daily!

Jeff

I'd love to look for Facebook updates - my second daughter sent me an
invite and I find it quite amusing for seeing what my children and
grandchildren, nieces and cousins are getting up to. But for Jeff I
don't know where to look.

Type in Jeff Coudriet in the search box. It should pop right up.

Becca
Old April 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Becca wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

Look for Facebook updates nearly daily!

Jeff

I'd love to look for Facebook updates - my second daughter sent me an
invite and I find it quite amusing for seeing what my children and
grandchildren, nieces and cousins are getting up to. But for Jeff I
don't know where to look.

Type in Jeff Coudriet in the search box. It should pop right up.

Thanks - I didn't know his last name, and there are a lot of men named
Jeff
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Not on Facebook....with all the weirdness going on, I've stayed off despite
numerous invitations of family and friends! ;-)

--Jean

What weirdness??
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Jeff wrote:
Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Not on Facebook....with all the weirdness going on, I've stayed off
despite numerous invitations of family and friends! ;-)

--Jean

What weirdness??

For one thing, I clicked on something that I thought my granddaughter
sent me (she didn't) and got a nasty virus that was hard to overcome.
Same message went out to several people from me (I didn't send it) and
those folks had better virus updated protection than I did.

Ermalee ---went right back on facebook :-)