Athens on a Monday---suggestions please

Old April 19th, 2009, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

Default Athens on a Monday---suggestions please

We already knew that some museums were closed on Mondays, but now we
discovered that the Acropolis and surrounding attractions do not open on
Mondays until 11. Our ship, the Noordam, is in port from 8-6.

We would appreciate suggestions for the hours before 11. Previously, our
plans were to take the metro from Piraeus to Athens immediately from the
ship.

Hours of operation for museums can be found he

http://www.athensinfoguide.com/open.htm

Old April 20th, 2009, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

Jeff Gersten wrote:
We already knew that some museums were closed on Mondays, but now we
discovered that the Acropolis and surrounding attractions do not open on
Mondays until 11. Our ship, the Noordam, is in port from 8-6.

We would appreciate suggestions for the hours before 11. Previously, our
plans were to take the metro from Piraeus to Athens immediately from the
ship.

Hours of operation for museums can be found he

http://www.athensinfoguide.com/open.htm

Please be overcareful when in Piraeus and Athens. The pickpockets are
rampant. rosaly
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

I wrote:

We already knew that some museums were
closed on Mondays, but now we discovered
that the Acropolis and surrounding attractions
do not open on Mondays until 11. Our ship,
the Noordam, is in port from 8-6.

We would appreciate suggestions for the
hours before 11. Previously, our plans were to
take the metro from Piraeus to Athens
immediately from the ship.

Hours of operation for museums can be found
he

http://www.athensinfoguide.com/open.htm

And since I wrote this I have been directed to the following site that
says it opens at 8:30. Does anyone know which is correct?

http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/3/eh355.jsp?obj_id=2384

Old April 20th, 2009, 10:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

(Rosaly*Z.*Greenberger) wrote:

Jeff Gersten wrote:

We already knew that some museums were
closed on Mondays, but now we discovered
that the Acropolis and surrounding
attractions do not open on Mondays until 11.
Our ship, the Noordam, is in port from 8-6.

We would appreciate suggestions for the h
ours before 11. Previously, our plans were to
take the metro from Piraeus to Athens i
mmediately from the ship.

Hours of operation for museums can be
found he

http://www.athensinfoguide.com/open.htm

Please be overcareful when in Piraeus and
Athens. The pickpockets are rampant. rosaly

Thanks for the advice. We've previously been on cruises in places like
Barcelona, Rome, and St. Petwersburg, so we know the drill.

Old April 20th, 2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RicodJour

On Apr 20, 5:35*am, (Jeff Gersten) wrote:
I wrote:
We already knew that some museums were
closed on Mondays, but now we discovered
that the Acropolis and surrounding attractions
do not open on Mondays until 11. Our ship,
the Noordam, is in port from 8-6.
We would appreciate suggestions for the
hours before 11. Previously, our plans were to
take the metro from Piraeus to Athens
immediately from the ship.
Hours of operation for museums can be found
he
http://www.athensinfoguide.com/open.htm

And since I wrote this I have been directed to the following site that
says it opens at 8:30. Does anyone know which is correct?

http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/3/eh355.jsp?obj_id=2384

Depends on the time of the year.
From this site:
http://www.culture.gr/h/1/eh155.jsp?obj_id=3392