Aeroflot makes people sleep on floor when flights are delayed or connections missed .

Old January 19th, 2004, 05:07 PM
KR

Default Aeroflot makes people sleep on floor when flights are delayed or connections missed .

Hi ,

I had traveled to delhi in dec 03 and was scheduled to return jan 04
,as dec is booked heavily getting tickets on BA or AI was difficult
and expensive ,travel agent suggested Aeroflot and gave a good deal
,the way to delhi was sort of ok with the boeing 777 between Moscow
and delhi dirty and seats ripped also the airhostess were reluctant in
speaking English and anything you ask they would shake their shoulders
and say some russian ,but on occasions when they needed to communicate
something they will manage to speak some english ,asking how much time
is left etc was a nono one she said 60 ,after some figuring and head
munching i assumed it was 6 hrs left ,after you reach moscow the real
fun starts you are taken to an immigratin desk where some russian
ladies dressed like Bond movies stand and no one knows what is
happening and what is they are talking ,i saw one of the passangers
abused and told to stand away ,so being in a line makes no difference
,if its your flight which is leaving then you may approach the counter
other vise they wont listen to you ,after boarding passes to
connection to delhi we approached a second immigration officer it was
like i was going to some other planet and was taken with suspicion
finally she gave me my passport and we headed to the plane going to
delhi .

REAL FUN 11+13 HR DELAY :

after a good time in delhi came the day to return to UK .

The flight was at 5am so had to leave 1am and reach IGI delhi airport
after check in at 4am we were told that due to fog flight from MOScow
to delhi has been diverted to Mumbai and this will arrive ASA fog goes
away ,after a 11 hr delay and bad communication from Aeroflot India
flight left 1600 hrs (11 hr delay from delhi ) .

We reached Moscow 1900 HR local time now the same immigration point
and ladies ,after a long Q reaching the desk we were informed to go
back and come later as our flight will go next day 12 PM ,thats a big
surprise as we were told a IGI delhi that we will be provided with a
connection as there is a connection to LHR 19.05 ,that was a mind
boogling thing to hear and fact that some passangers had babies with
them ,only passangers to toronto were allowed to pass counter this
time ,after a while they cleared us of the transit and let us in the
transit space ,they kept our tickets .

WE APPROACHED THE AEROFLOT OFFICE TO ASK WHATS THE ARRANGEMENT FOR
FOOD AND PLACE TO SLEEP IN NIGHT ,THIS WAS A VERY RUDE EXPERIENCE NO
ONE WAS LISTENING ,THEY ISSUED US 7$ FOOD VOUCHER AND TOLD US TO GO
,ASKING WHERE TO STAY THEY SAID WAS ON THE FLOOR ,MANY HAD CHILDRENS
AND NO ONE KEEPS BLANKETS IN THERE HAND BAGGAGE IT WAS A HORIBLE NIGHT
,THE 7$ VOUCHER WAS A JOKE THE THINGS WERE SO COSTLY ONLY HAD A BREAD
PIECE AND A CORNER TO SLEEP ON FLOOR OUTSIDE WAS -3 TEMP AND THE
AIRCOND INSIDE THE AIRPORT WAS ALSO NOT GOOD ,AFTER A GRUILLING NIGHT
AND SWEARING SESSIONS AND WAITING 13 HRS FINALLY THE FLIGHT LEFT
MOSCOW AND WE ARRIVED HOME ,I CAN IMAGINE WHAT THE PEOPLE WITH BABIES
WOULD HAVE DONE ,ONE PARENT ASKED WHERE TO GET MILK AND THE AEROFLOT
OFFICIAL REPLIED ,YOU CAN GET BEAR FROM THE BAR ,IT WAS A TOTALLY
DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE ,I WILL NEVER FLY AEROFLOT FROM NOW .

kr
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Jason

On 19 Jan 2004 09:07:36 -0800, (KR) wrote:

,IT WAS A TOTALLY
DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE ,I WILL NEVER FLY AEROFLOT FROM NOW .

[trip "report" snipped]

I wouldn't have flown Aeroflot in the first place!

Cheers,

Jason.
Old January 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
DALing

Aeroflot isn't all that bad IF you are going JUST to SVO (a bit dirty but
when it's overnight flight - like for me from Seattle - it's tolerable;
however, I've heard other similar horror stories about missed connections,
no plane, etc that make it not such a good eal unless the potential "bad
stuff" is factored in to the equation. (There was a post about someone who
was on a BKK-somewhere in USA and got LOCKED INTO a hotel room somewhere
near SVO (no Russian transit visa and they DAMNED SURE WEREN'T PROVIDING
ONE) with whatever meals were provided.

om...

Old January 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Jenn

In article ,
Jason wrote:

On 19 Jan 2004 09:07:36 -0800, (KR) wrote:

,IT WAS A TOTALLY
DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE ,I WILL NEVER FLY AEROFLOT FROM NOW .

[trip "report" snipped]

I wouldn't have flown Aeroflot in the first place!

Cheers,

Jason.

isn't this the airline where the pilot let his 12 year old fly and
crashed a planeload of passengers
Old January 19th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Cedric Nagy

There is no reason to suspect anything else. The airline is not
responsible for accommodation as a result of a weather delay in the US,
either. In fact, they very likely wouldn't even have given you a meal
voucher. Nor are they responsible for delays caused by immigration
authorities. IMHO Aeroflot did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Old January 19th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Sjoerd

"DALing" daling43[delete]-at-hotmail.com schreef in bericht
(There was a post about someone who
was on a BKK-somewhere in USA and got LOCKED INTO a hotel room somewhere
near SVO (no Russian transit visa and they DAMNED SURE WEREN'T PROVIDING
ONE)

Yeah right. A Russian without a US visa using a US airline to go to Mexico
with a transit in the US would probably be handcuffed and put in jail, so
why are you complaining about the Russians enforcing *their* visa
regulations?

Sjoerd

Old January 19th, 2004, 07:51 PM
DALing

it was merely posted, not justified -IIRC - the situation was somewhat
different, however, in that the connection was cancelled (not weather). The
Russ have their own way of dealing with things. oh, and as to a Russian
going to Mexico on a US airline - since clearance of US immigration is
necessary for all even passing thru, they (airline) would have checked
before departure that the paperwork was in order. It was the "locked into
the hotel room" part that got me.

Old January 20th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Mobutu

Travelling between two third world countires what do you expect?

Old January 20th, 2004, 02:48 AM
BillKirch

ASK WHATS THE ARRANGEMENT FOR
FOOD AND PLACE TO SLEEP IN NIGHT ,
,ASKING WHERE TO STAY THEY SAID WAS ON THE FLOOR ,MANY HAD CHILDRENS
AND NO ONE KEEPS BLANKETS IN

################
So go get a motel cheapskate. why sleep in an airport. BG

Old January 20th, 2004, 03:50 AM
mrraveltay

BillKirch wrote:
ASK WHATS THE ARRANGEMENT FOR
FOOD AND PLACE TO SLEEP IN NIGHT ,
,ASKING WHERE TO STAY THEY SAID WAS ON THE FLOOR ,MANY HAD CHILDRENS
AND NO ONE KEEPS BLANKETS IN

So go get a motel cheapskate. why sleep in an airport. BG

Sure, like they could all just rush by immigration and go to the nearest
Motel 6-ski.