Onboard Carnival Miracle

Old October 10th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Charles

Default Onboard Carnival Miracle

Hi. Very first, initial, impressions onboard my first Carnival cruise.

Here I am onboard my first Carnival cruise. The Carnival Miracle. The
Port of Baltimore was somewhat of a pain. arrived at port 11:30 am. The
luggage drop off and parking lots were changed from last year.
Guaranteed to be a clog. If you took a taxi expect to spend extra too,
stuck in line. Actual Carnival embarkation was very well organized. I
preferred it to the Celebrity Galaxy embarkation at Baltimore. On ship
around 1:00.

The ship itself, brand new and shiny. It is nice but initial
impressions, not as elegant as Celebrity, Princess and RCI. Decor not
actually to my taste but I would not say it is bad or as wild as some
describe. Lower ceilings than other ships. Crew appears very helpful.
No direction to cabin though. You are on your own. Cabin is somewhat
plain. Large, I have an obstructed view with french doors, an upgrade
from the inside I booked. No luggage yet, and cabin steward just
introduced self it is 4:40. Cabin drawers and closet hardware is
weird. Little rope pulls, the one on mini-bar is broken off. Bathroom,
icky colors, and that little tray of brand name. No French soaps, Lever
2000. Printed materials like Carnival Capers, not as professional as
other ships. Poor print job.

I would say the passenger complement is the most diverse I have ever
sailed with. I would say somewhat younger but very diverse age wise.
This is the first cruise I have been on where there were a lot of
Afro-Americans. This is cruise number 17. Surprised at the number of
children, I would not have expected as many this time of year. The
welcome aboard buffet, the food was the best buffet food I have had on
cruise ships. Everything was very good, including the dessert. Best
lemonade at sea too.

Going down now to the somewhat pathetic library to sign up for internet
access. Hopefully will be able to send this report. Oh, too many
announcements so far.

Okay, wireless connection very easy.

--
Charles
Old October 10th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
Hi. Very first, initial, impressions onboard my first Carnival cruise.

Actual Carnival embarkation was very well organized. I
preferred it to the Celebrity Galaxy embarkation at Baltimore. On ship
around 1:00.

Hi Charles! Score a point for Carnival with easy embarkation!

The ship itself, brand new and shiny. It is nice but initial
impressions, not as elegant as Celebrity, Princess and RCI. Decor not
actually to my taste but I would not say it is bad or as wild as some
describe.

Yeah Charles! You weren't shocked by the appearance and Carnival colors!
Litttle rope pulls on the drawers?? Sounds quaint, but not too durable from
what you say about one being pulled off one the mini bar, unless some one
was desperate trying to open a locked mini bar!! ;-)

I would say the passenger complement is the most diverse I have ever
sailed with. I would say somewhat younger but very diverse age wise.
This is the first cruise I have been on where there were a lot of
Afro-Americans. This is cruise number 17. Surprised at the number of
children, I would not have expected as many this time of year.

You never know who the passengers or ages will be on any cruise, that what's
nice about the surprise element of each one.

The welcome aboard buffet, the food was the best buffet food I have had on
cruise ships. Everything was very good, including the dessert. Best
lemonade at sea too.

Great! Proves what the rest of us have been saying!! I hope that Tom reads
this when he returns! ;-) Carnival really has upgraded its food!

Going down now to the somewhat pathetic library to sign up for internet
access. Hopefully will be able to send this report. Oh, too many
announcements so far.

That is common on new ships especially, hopefully they will add to their
collection of books!

Okay, wireless connection very easy.

Have a wonderful cruise and let us hear from you whenever you get a chance!

--Jean

Old October 11th, 2004, 12:05 AM
villa deauville

Enjoy your cruise Charles.
Looking forward to your reports from the Miracle

SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

Old October 11th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Howie

You made it Charles. I promise you that when you leave this ship, you
will still think they have the best buffet at sea. Have a blast and
tell us all about it when you return.

Howie

Old October 11th, 2004, 07:07 AM
KPJEG

Hi Charles we will be on the Miracle next august . I think the food on Carnival
is much better then RCCI not the Voyager class and even NCL . I all way's tell
everyone who ask's that Carnival ships are like Las Vagas resort's not for
everybody .But they are the most lively ships afoat !! Have a great time .You
and Carnival have the fun right now !!
Ken G..........
Old October 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM
John Chapman

Charles wrote in message id...
[...]

Seems that most ships have pathetic little libraries these days - a
real pet peeve of mine. Glad to hear your embarkation was smooth.
Boarding the Carnival ship (our first) last year in San Pedro was a
dreadful experience. Looks like management does pay attention to
those cruise questionaires now and then. We found Carnival's food
surprisingly good as well - much better than we expected. Happy
cruising. JOHN
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Charles

In article , John
Chapman wrote:

Seems that most ships have pathetic little libraries these days - a
real pet peeve of mine. Glad to hear your embarkation was smooth.
Boarding the Carnival ship (our first) last year in San Pedro was a
dreadful experience.

This library is worse than the usual though. As far as embarkation I
think they made the best of the poor port facilities and terminal
building in Baltimore.

--
Charles
Old October 11th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Howie

Charles wrote:

In article , Howie
wrote:

You made it Charles. I promise you that when you leave this ship, you
will still think they have the best buffet at sea. Have a blast and
tell us all about it when you return.

I am going to post a few more initial impressions now and leave the
rest for my return. To many things to do than this Remember all
these are initial.

More initial impressions . Lot of small lounges and musical venues. I
don't think I like the Disco. The venue with live music seems better.
The Piano Bar, who hired the piano player? and what is with the huge
tip jar? Pool areas look small. There are two. Only one large hot tub
in each pool area. The pool where the band plays, the music is way too
loud. Lounge chairs are not padded. A different kind I have never seen
before. No slats. There does not appear to be a lot of space on the
main pool deck for chairs and there seems to be a lack of shaded areas
for lounge chairs. The under hang is filled with tables.

Charles,

You should definitely use the aft pool (behind the lido) on this ship.
It is far superior to the two central pools.

Dinner, the dining room does not feel very formal with all the pink
blobs. There are booths. I don't care for that. Dinner, they combine
the starters, that is appetizers and soup in one course. The main
entrees and desserts were very good. The service was very good. The
dining room seems to be part of the cruise activities, we are divided
into teams. hmmm.

Be sure to say hellow to the maitre d (Omur) from me.

Howie

Old October 12th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Tom & Linda

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
m...

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
t...

I said:
Great! Proves what the rest of us have been saying!! I hope that Tom
reads
this when he returns! ;-) Carnival really has upgraded its food!

On the Fantasy Class ships as well?

And Destiny Class?

--Tom

Hello Tom!
Sheeesh your feet barely hit the ground and you're already picking on me!!
;-D

As a matter of fact, before the time you left for your cruise or shortly
afterwards, there were two posts praising the food on the Destiny! You can
find one thread, rcl vs carnival, posted on 9/21/04

Since I switched to OptimumOnline from Worldnet, I only get 1 day worth of
archive posts. I can't go back more than 24 hours.

Linda just booked Majesty OTS for this December, with her girlfriend from
work... and I know that the buffet on that ship is not going to be anything
like the huge, varied buffet on Navigator OTS.

Food, particularly the variety in the buffets, tends to vary considerably by
class vessel in a fleet.

For what it's worth... I found the food on Connie to be just about back to
where Celebrity's food was pre RCI. This cruise had the second best food
overall on our 32 cruises. Only Century under Chandris was better (when
they still had things like Palm Heart Salad). And service was superb.
Maybe the best waiter we've ever had. Even Ben would have been blown away
by our waiter on Connie. He totally had his act together. 180 degrees from
our waiter last time on Connie. Without even asking, he had the big pepper
mill out for salads, soups and entrees. His service was every bit as good
as the service we had at Ocean Liner's (specialty restaurant) the night we
went.

--Tom

Old October 12th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
. ..
Since I switched to OptimumOnline from Worldnet, I only get 1 day worth of
archive posts. I can't go back more than 24 hours.

I'll have to forward it to you then to prove it, along with a few other
interesting posts that you have missed while gone!

Linda just booked Majesty OTS for this December, with her girlfriend from
work... and I know that the buffet on that ship is not going to be
anything
like the huge, varied buffet on Navigator OTS.

Neat..she will have fun regardless..Differences in each ship make cruises
more interesting.
She going early in December?

For what it's worth... I found the food on Connie to be just about back to
where Celebrity's food was pre RCI. This cruise had the second best food
overall on our 32 cruises. Only Century under Chandris was better (when
they still had things like Palm Heart Salad). And service was superb.
Maybe the best waiter we've ever had. Even Ben would have been blown away
by our waiter on Connie. He totally had his act together. 180 degrees
from
our waiter last time on Connie. Without even asking, he had the big
pepper
mill out for salads, soups and entrees. His service was every bit as good
as the service we had at Ocean Liner's (specialty restaurant) the night we
went.

That's good to hear..maybe the cruise lines are reading rtc and how criusers
are reporting negatively about the food and actually doing something about
it! Think you can get Ben to try the Constellation?..You are now making me
wonder if I should, as I have been perusing the Galaxy and trying to fit her
in a time table that we can travel on her.If you were me, which one would
you consider?
Nice to have you back!

--Jean

--Tom