china airlines upper economy

Old December 26th, 2003, 09:52 AM
re.pa

Default china airlines upper economy

Is it worth the extra money to take this economy + class on long haul
flights ?

repa

Old December 26th, 2003, 05:57 PM
ash

The seats are the old business class seats so huge leg room and your own
video screen with a choice of movies(the number depending on which
particular plane you are on). Priority check in is also a big plus. The food
is good but not as good as the old business class and no access to the
business class lounges at the airports.
So I would say yes it is worth it.
i.nl...

Old December 27th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Thierry D

"ash" schreef in bericht

The seats are the old business class seats so huge leg room and your own
video screen with a choice of movies(the number depending on which
particular plane you are on).

Correct!

Priority check in is also a big plus.

As far as I know D-class passengers on CI 65 and CI 66 (upper economy only
exists on this route) are not offered Priority check-in anymore.

On other routes D-class is still a discounted business class with Priority
check-inn

The food
is good but not as good as the old business class and

Can't comment on this since my 1st flight in the new Upper class will be on
the 5th January only

So I would say yes it is worth it.

I've been on CI 65 and CI 66 in D-class serveral times before it was changed
into upper class, and even if the food would be crap (which shouldn't be the
case even in Economy) now, I think the seating comfort is worth every
eurocent!

Regards,
Thierry - Belgium

Old December 28th, 2003, 09:26 AM
John

All this is all very well...but China Airlines has not had one of its
'jumbo' crashes for over two years now and for them that's a long,
long time.
Happy Landings!!!!!!!
Old December 28th, 2003, 02:38 PM
ash

Priority check in is also a big plus.

As far as I know D-class passengers on CI 65 and CI 66 (upper economy only
exists on this route) are not offered Priority check-in anymore.

There is priority at Bangkok Airport where it is still called "Dynasty"
Class.